E Class W211,2.7 2005.Tyres Wearing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BelfastBill

Car
S CLASS 320 CDI
Hi, just had my Wife's E Class Serviced and the Mechanic said that all the Tyres had worn down on the inside, he said he didn't think it was the tracking any ideas before I put new tyres onto it. Never had thiis happen before on all four tyres,help urgently needed please.

Thanks'
Bill.

*Not Solved*
If your mechanic thinks it's not the tracking, then I'd be looking at the tyres and/or rims... but if he just means the toe-in is fine, he's probably right (because that usually scrubs the outer edge of the tyres).

What's the camber like? Is it fine when static, but negative when the car is loaded? That could be a good reason for the inside edge of the tyres to wear.

Hi, just had my Wife's E Class Serviced and the Mechanic said that all the Tyres had worn down on the inside, he said he didn't think it was the tracking any ideas before I put new tyres onto it. Never had thiis happen before on all four tyres,help urgently needed please.

Thanks'
Bill.

Caused by straddling speed humps?

If it's the camber what's the fix? any its not speed bumps but thanks anyway. All four are wearing on the inside.

Cheers'
Bill.

Why does it say solved at the beginning of my post?

Try a 4 wheel alignment before replacing tyres.

Had the camber checked and its' within tolerance,any ideas what next please.

Had the camber checked and its' within tolerance,any ideas what next please.
Tyre pressure? If it's not leaning on the edge of the tyre due to camber, is the tyre under-inflated so that it wears the edge and not the whole width of the tread?

The only other thing that I can think of is that whilst the static camber is within tolerance, the dynamic camber isn't. - This car hasn't got lowering springs on it has it?

Why does it say solved at the beginning of my post?
I was going to ask how you managed to come up with the "Solved " as I have been looking for the answer to this, so it must exist somewhere.

Steve.

Steve thanks' I don't know why solved has come up at the start of my post,can't seem to get rid of it. Still looking for answers, Tyres inflated correctly.

Cheers'
Bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom