E class w212 air con funny problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eca220cdi

Car
220 cdi
Hi.

Just a quick one. My air con is great and cold. But on long trips over an hour or so, the fan speed seems to die down. Can hear the fan going like crazy working well. But no air coming out of the vents. So start to get hot in the car. At the moment a bit of a problem. Thanks for any thoughts and advice.

Hi.

Just a quick one. My air con is great and cold. But on long trips over an hour or so, the fan speed seems to die down. Can hear the fan going like crazy working well. But no air coming out of the vents. So start to get hot in the car. At the moment a bit of a problem. Thanks for any thoughts and advice.
That sounds like one or more of the motorised flaps inside the ducting has is failing/has failed. I'm sure someone with more detailed knowledge will be along presently though...

Thanks for your reply. Was reading last night and found out might be filter near fan in the car. Got it out was full of stuff. Washed and cleaned out. Drove today for two hours. All seems ok. Will put a new one in this week. Will update with results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom