E-Class (W212) Harman Kardon or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st13phil

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
Does anyone have a W212 saloon with the Harman Kardon option?

I haven't spec'd it on my order at this stage, but am wondering if it's worthwhile. I know the real answer is to find a car, listen to it, and make up my own mind but if anyone has any comments on how it compares to the standard audio system I'll be pleased to hear them.

yes, get HK. Standard sound system is utter rubbish

yes, get HK. Standard sound system is utter rubbish

You've obviously never been in a 1976 Mini Clubman with a transistor radio taped to the dash then if you think that:D.

I think it depends on what you listen to, how into your music you are etc. The standard set up is fine for me but then I rarely listen to anything other than the radio. :thumb:

I had 212 for a day.

The sound system lacked depth, clarity, power and much else. Sounded tinny. Probably fine for just speech (like Radio 4) though.

I had 212 for a day.

The sound system lacked depth, clarity, power and much else. Sounded tinny. Probably fine for just speech (like Radio 4) though.

I've had aW212 for 9 months and like I say it's fine for me. Depends on the criteria I already mentioned and I suppose what you normally drive (in your case). Chances are the stereo in your cars are higher spec but if you had been used to driving a Vectra then it would be a step up.

Thanks for the input, guys.

I must say that the standard system in my W204 is distinctly underwhelming (though much better once I tweaked the equalizer in the engineering menu) and I found the standard one in the W212 to be a worthwhile improvement, but still not what I'd call "good".

It sounds like I need to go and listen for myself.

Thanks for the input, guys.

I must say that the standard system in my W204 is distinctly underwhelming (though much better once I tweaked the equalizer in the engineering menu) and I found the standard one in the W212 to be a worthwhile improvement, but still not what I'd call "good".

It sounds like I need to go and listen for myself.

That would be the best idea! Horses for courses and all that!:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom