E Class w212 seats replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Necromag

Car
E Class w212/2016
Hi! I have an E Class w212 and I want to replace the seats! Is anyone here doing it professionally? I need the assistance with this please!

Replace them with different style seats? It’s a job I did on mine. Can you explain exactly what you mean? Cheers

I am looking at changing the front seats in mine as well, looked into this a couple of months back but sort of stopped! I would like the E class coupe seats in, fairly straight forward swap? (I would want to keep electrics and heat).

I am looking at changing the front seats in mine as well, looked into this a couple of months back but sort of stopped! I would like the E class coupe seats in, fairly straight forward swap? (I would want to keep electrics and heat).

I fitted Facelift seats, the coupe seats will be folding. Why do you want to fit the coupe seats?

Not fussed on the folding of them, I prefer the style and comfort of them. I currently have the tan leather in mine (car is Cuprite Brown) and the missus hates them!!

The best seats I've had in any W212 by a country mile are the Dynamic Multi-Contour ones that were in both my E63's, but the retrofit cost would be horrendous :(

Yeah I had them in my E63, they're ok comfort wise but I prefer to have seats with a bit more deeper side support. My S63 ones are awesome with the active sides but haven't seen any pop up on ebay...

Was never keen on the seats in my 212 E63. They looked nice in Nappa leather and had all the bells and whistles (dynamic, multi-contour, ventilated, massaging/heating fully electric adjustment with memory etc) but were flat and unsupportive and uncomfortable on long journeys.

Never had any such discomfort on my 211 AMGs with the same function seating setups nor any of the other MBs - and my present GL is fine too! :)

Well as already posted the cost will be high,finding the seat you want will be hard,I remember when I just wanted to install heat to my seats the cost was plain crazy,a retrofit would have been around £1500,best of luck.

Replace them with different style seats? It’s a job I did on mine. Can you explain exactly what you mean? Cheers
I want some more confortable seats. I was thinking E Class Coupe seats. But not sure they are compatible! Also don’t trust myself to do the job

I fitted Facelift seats, the coupe seats will be folding. Why do you want to fit the coupe seats?
The basic seats are uncomfortable as f..k! I was thinking to do the same. Didn’t think they are foldable though!

I want some more confortable seats. I was thinking E Class Coupe seats. But not sure they are compatible! Also don’t trust myself to do the job

coupe seats will probably be similar in terms of comfort!
The w212 seats aren’t great compared to the W211

Hi guys, i am looking to change my car seat on a w212. The seat is amg version and is too hard and short. It dosent support my thigh and was wondering if anyone knows how i can change them or make them better

Hi guys, i am looking to change my car seat on a w212. The seat is amg version and is too hard and short. It dosent support my thigh and was wondering if anyone knows how i can change them or make them better

Is it possible you can upload a photo of the seats you have.

The Seats my car come with have the extended thigh support. Which can be increased or decreased to suit the drivers favoured positioning.

I've had a few MB vehicles now with varied seats. And by far the most comfortable for me are the dynamic massaging mult-contour seats. The adjustment options alone are fantastic. Have driven 500 miles round trips and have been amazingly comfortable doing so.

I find it rather strange how some don't get along with the seats. But that's not my issue at the end of the day. For me they are better more comfortable than my previous E55k seats, CLS 350 and our S211 seats.

I have, and do suffer with back trouble over the years, with the vehicles I've mentioned above and other branded vehicles I have had troubles with my back regarding the seats.

With the w212 DMC seats I find them comfortable in every aspect. It's one of the best features of the car for me. Maybe I'm lucky or unlucky! I no one thing, my back doesn't give me trouble no where near as much as it did before with the other type seats the vehicles had.

I would try the seats on coupe first to see how you get on.

I have just sold my S212 (2016) which I had from new, the seats seemed very hard to start with but I soon got used to them and did a couple of trips to France in the car and although they were only standard seats I got on really well with them.

I now have an E220 Coupe (2020) these seats adjust all over the shop and are really comfortable, I have only had the car a couple of weeks but have just returned from a trip to Kent but although they are good I cannot say they are massively more comfy than the standard seats in the S212 but maybe I’m still adjusting to them.

I imagine it would not be a simple swap and would be quite costly.

Robin

That some find the x212 seats great and others not might be something to do with body shape. I sold my 2015 E63 in part because I just couldn't get comfortable when driving it - which is a fairly significant problem. I had the dynamic seats with the massage option etc.

I'm 187cm and ~80kg, for reference.

That some find the x212 seats great and others not might be something to do with body shape. I sold my 2015 E63 in part because I just couldn't get comfortable when driving it - which is a fairly significant problem. I had the dynamic seats with the massage option etc.

I'm 187cm and ~80kg, for reference.
I'm a similar size and find i have to have the seat in my w212 reclined more than I have had in other cars to get the most comfortable long journey driving position. So I find when on shorter journeys (around town) I have the seat a bit more upright for best observation, and the recline slightly if crusing down the motorway. My vision isn't impaired in one position vs the other, but for some reason I 'feel' the upright position is more alert?

Clk320x, I also am beginning to explore this, I want soft plushness and lumber support, which my E300 Hybrid estate doesn't have.

We're there any issues please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom