E class with 9G gearbox

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I spoke to two dealers today. One said 9g in everything from November, other said no 9g in the 4 cylinders for another year minimum...??

Does anyone know if the MB 9 speed box is in-house supply? or are they taking the ZF 9 speed that's in the new Cherokee & Evoque?

I spoke to two dealers today. One said 9g in everything from November, other said no 9g in the 4 cylinders for another year minimum...??

That's correct. I have a delivery date of 10th November but it could be earlier.

Increasing it to 9 gears means that at 75mph it's only doing 1350rpm. Emissions are lowered so only £140 road tax.

Yes I think it is the ZF gearbox.

Oh no...I hope its not the ZF 9HP:crazy:...loads of launch issues mostly software, design, + new manufacturing site in south Carolina USA, I know the Evoque has suffered as well during MY intro last year...:fail

What's really going on with the 2014 Jeep Cherokee's transmission issues? - Autoblog

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...on-to-build-8--and-9-speed-transmissions-in-s.

That's correct. I have a delivery date of 10th November but it could be earlier.

Increasing it to 9 gears means that at 75mph it's only doing 1350rpm. Emissions are lowered so only £140 road tax.

Isn't it just on the e350 though? Or on all e-class models?

Oh no...I hope its not the ZF 9HP:crazy:...loads of launch issues mostly software, design, + new manufacturing site in south Carolina USA, I know the Evoque has suffered as well during MY intro last year...:fail

What's really going on with the 2014 Jeep Cherokee's transmission issues? - Autoblog

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...on-to-build-8--and-9-speed-transmissions-in-s.

Oh no. I have read one article that say that Merc have brought the production in house now so I'm not sure.

It's been available in Germany for the past year on the E350 so hopefully any teething problems have been addressed, although I haven't actually heard of any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom