E-Coupe C238

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SimonC238

Car
E-Class Coupe C238
Hi all,

Just picked up my C238 Premium (2018).

After a life of BMW, Jaguar and Audi, this is my first MB... Coincidently, my wife's just picked up a W166 GLE ✌️

So far so good. Love the styling, whisper-quiet motorway ride and dash layout.

full

Welcome buddy , I don’t like it , too shiny :rolleyes:

I picked up the car from Belfast. With a few hours to kill before my ferry home, I drove up the coast a bit and found a beach called Ballygally Beach.

Ballygally Coast Road car park & Slipway
Thanks Simon 👍, was thinking could of had a weekend or day trip if in UK, might have to make an excuse to go Belfast now 🙂

Buying the car from Belfast, do you have to pay any import duties, other fees? And do have to get a new MOT, anything else done once in UK? Apart from a new reg.

Welcome to you and your wife to the Mercedes marque, enjoy the cars :thumb:
Your E class is smart looking, the diamond grill does add a nice touch with the AMG alloys

Thanks Simon 👍, was thinking could of had a weekend or day trip if in UK, might have to make an excuse to go Belfast now 🙂

Buying the car from Belfast, do you have to pay any import duties, other fees? And do have to get a new MOT, anything else done once in UK? Apart from a new reg.

Your E class is smart looking, the diamond grill does add a nice touch with the AMG alloys
NI is part of the UK, no need to do anything ,other than get on the ferry.

Yes, as Scooby-Doo says, as Belfast is part of the UK via Northern Ireland, the process was relatively easy.

My car was originally registered in Birmingham so had a 'Normal' UK plate (XXXX XXX). If the car was registered in NI, it would have a slightly different style and font on the plate (XXX XXXX).

No MOT, duties or fees, just the flight there and the ferry home.

Yes, the weather was a peach that day so the coast north of Belfast looked stunning.

A month in and I'm still loving the car. The only niggle is a REALLY annoying rattle from the rear passenger-side seat. Maybe the headlining is loose or something in the seatbelt area. Need to get the wife to drive around for a bit with me in the back trying to find the rattle :wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom