E MAG Fuel conditioning unit TEST

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackC55

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
E55K SL500 E250X2 Smart44 Brabus Track car E450Cabriolet X350 Pick up
GRAV888 gave me one of his fuel conditioning units on saturday to try.

I have just fitted it to the Smart and will test the results this week.

I normally get 236 to a tank with super unleaded with a mixture of town driving and motorways.

Has anyone else tried it yet?

GRAV888 gave me one of his fuel conditioning units on saturday to try.

I have just fitted it to the Smart and will test the results this week.

I normally get 236 to a tank with super unleaded with a mixture of town driving and motorways.

Has anyone else tried it yet?

There are in excess of 20 satisfied people on this forum who have one fitted. Doriant (not been on for a while) has had 5 himself.
Ian Walker had 2 more off me at the gtg, so something must be happening;)

Remember that you may need up to 2000 miles on a petrol to get the full benefit, but most have noticed a change in far less than that.

Ok.

I have had it on the Smart for a week and it has improved the fuel economy.

I got 20 more miles to the tank on Morrisons fuel.

I filled up with optimax yesterday to test it with that as the fuel economy is better while using it.

I got 20 more miles to the tank

Is your miles per tank consistent to within 20 miles? Mine isn't, on any vehicle I've ever owned!

How about a nice simple test on any car with cruise control and a trip computer. Find a stretch of quiet motorway, set the cruise control, note the 'instantaneous' mpg displayed at that speed. Pull into the next services, fit the fuel saver (or remove it, if already fitted), back out onto the M'way, set the CC for the same speed, see what the difference in mpg is.

??

We have had th Smart over a year now and have never managed to go over 200 miles on a tank (roughly £17)

The first time ever it has breached the 200 mile mark was with the device fitted.

I have tried my hardest to drive smoothly and gently to breach the 200 mile barrier but have never been able to.

My driving style with the device fitted was not necessarily slow or fast just normal.

I am happy anyway.

Is your miles per tank consistent to within 20 miles? Mine isn't, on any vehicle I've ever owned!

??

Mine is ;) - if the journey type is consistent. Which up to a few months ago it was. You could set the fuel pump requirement to within a couple of miles. I "averaged" 280 per tank going to and from work and pottering around town. If I got a run then it could go up to 300. If I'm doing less coming into work and more pottering and spirited driving then it can be less than 280 - but not much. But now I have a big emag and a sprintbooster.

G fitted a big emag to Edna in May. She had a smaller one on a couple of years ago and it made not the blindest bit of difference. I am now starting to see a shift in my average, leaning upwards but my journey types have been more erratic over the past few months.

The SB which has a negative effect which I clocked straight away. But I am back to around 280 a tank. Is this the emag - you decide.

Like Jay says, lets not go here again.

It tends to get a bit like the smoking threads, non believers won't be swayed no matter what and believers should be shot at dawn sort of thing.

I'm happy with mine as it works for me but the last time I said that I was compared to a religious crank seeing visions of the Virgin Mary.

Ummmm I may have to re-fit mine as mpg may have dropped by 1-2mpg since removing it(due to it making a knocking sound where it was located).

Ian

Mine works well. Preston to Paris on less than a full tank in an E220 Coupe fully loaded with holiday stuff.
No Complaints from me. :bannana:

I'm happy with mine as it works for me but the last time I said that I was compared to a religious crank seeing visions of the Virgin Mary.

What's so cranky about seeing visions of Our Lady?

I saw the vision of the virgin mary once when an emag fell on my toe

I am getting nearly 250 miles to a tank of fuel in the Smart now (£19) and seems to be improving slowly.

I am going to try out the BP ultimate this week but its a bit pricey at £2.42/litre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom