E Reg coupe donor found....Vin# mystery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DMDM

I was asked yesturday by a good friend ''want another Merk like yours?''
I hesitated like he was going to try the good old ''sell yours then try find another'' line and was reminded how the seller I got mine from has been hounding me to sell it back to him because he's spent over a year trying to find another, hahahha

...but he went on to say that it was ''exactly the same as yours, pillarless,black paint and cream leather'' but that the grill had a central star, not a hood ''target'' :D.....I thought...ooooh sportline..that aughtta be a cheap shock upgrade for me, But I'm also after a few bits here and there anyway.

Just got back from viewing, and I havent taken pics, but had a quick once over and took the reg and vin. The site posted in favourites wont return information on it, and a free reg check will only say that its a black 230ce ?? hmph. (wont pay for a full reg check ;))

I will take pics tomorrow and post them with pics of my current project, and would like advice on which to do-up. so if any of you good people can dig up info or a spec on this vin, I'd appreciate it very much:

WDB1240432a713762.

What I need on my 220 : less worn cream drivers seat, both doors.

What the mystery ?230? has: cream interior, 4 headrests, unruffled doorcards without speaker-holes. Tinted rear glass. amg bootlid spoiler(will look at bumpers again closely too) and ....believe it or not...an e500 bonnet overlapping its lights.:eek:

Cheers fella's.

Deposit made on the 230ce today.

Still no pics, and still no Vin decoder result.:eek:

Bumpers look like AMG, pics will eventually follow. no logos under corners(is that where I should look?) but the skirts say it :thumb:
Was wondering why the doors dont have the chrome trim down them, and instead, some fatter bottom panel making it a bit wider and more inline with the bodykit

The guy cant sell me the complete car which is a shame, because its got a destruction order on , but he said I can take almost everything as long as he's got '''something to crush''' :wallbash: ARGH!

I'm taking.... the full interior. both doors and bootlid(only to match the keys) also the ignition barrel. factory tinted qtrs/rear glass. bodykit.

If anybody can help me decode the vin I'll take more parts to trade on or for spares. for example, might as well take the entire legs, yeah? discs/shocks/wishbones?? (its got 4pot fronts and red springs?!?! what are these?)

Cant wait to attack it with the toolkit. lol

chassis number is incorrect. i asked the germans. id like to see the images though!

On my EPC the chassis number relates to a 230CE from 09/89

Same as ian and no data card available

Been very busy with overtime sorry folks....it's been needed..cant get married AND slowly tinker with the car without it ;)

Bad news, my brothers iphone wouldnt upload pics to a pc? What the hell apple!!!??? So waiting for him to email me them through, but I've made progress....

Front seats + lower back seats off (rear top still in car for time being...had a problem with the rear headrests stopping me from removing it?!!? HELP!!)

visors off, couldn't remove the ignition barrel with the ''paperclip'' method, can anybody tell me how to remove the entire device from under the dash perhaps?!!!

o/s door, skirts and cladding off.

Broke my mate socket set trying to get the n/s door off in a tight breakers yard. lol, oooops...

Also, naughty me....managed to find and borrow an alpine amplifier under the seats. lol that'll get me a few squids.

I'm confused by the skirts, cant match them on any toolbar search results...help identifying these please??
Picture025.jpg

Picture033.jpg

bodged up with the rear console pads! lol

Old seats then new seats for comparison....
Picture018-2.jpg

new:
Picture017.jpg

Been thinking to take a graft from one set and have a bolster stitched up??
Don't know now, love the new ones, less damage, ALOT firmer and brighter leather. but the old set appeal to me, the panels rather than strips/lines. What to do?

1, what skirts are they?
2, how do i remove the rear headrest to get the back seat off/out??
3, how can i remove the ignition device if the barrels so bloody tough?
4, which seats should I repair?

Edit: Thanks!!! forgot to say. lol

Last edited:
I've got an excellent post face-lift (the 'old' seats in your photo above with the horizontal panels) W124 Coupe leather driver's seat in that colour.

PM me an email address if you want to see pictures of it & get the SP.

Go for the seat with the horizontal "bars" the verticals look cheap.
I also find the horizontal pattern more comfortable to sit on.

Just finished ''fixing'' the lost-keys problem... the 190 style steering wheel/shaft/barrel, lol.. A friend fitted it with me, but on the rear end of the ignition theres 8 or so wires, and we think they're mixed up or something:dk:

She starts, drives (shifter freed eventually) but dies after a minute. then if you try again a few times (starts first time though)..the starter might lock so its a rush to DC the battery. Anybody help me on the wiring diagram for the back coilly thing of the ignition please ;):eek: ?

Few pics of donor:
image6.jpg

image.jpg

image5.jpg

image3.jpg

image2.jpg

image4.jpg

Cheers folks.

Can`t believe you`re asking what the side skirts are :D
Picture025.jpg

1st 3 letters are amg might be a clue :) Good find though :)

Kate

I know theyre amg, but not what kit theyre from. lol. God. lol

I know theyre amg, but not what kit theyre from. lol. God. lol

They must be gen1 skirts but the bumpers aren`t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom