E-tyres birmingham - great service

AMGry Man

Car
Present: C250 CGI AMG Sport Coupe, Previous: C250 CDI AMG Sport Coupe (1 yr), C32 AMG Estate (5yrs)
Hi,

Newbie here, but I thought I'd share my experience of E-Tyres in Birmingham.

Found them on Blackberry whilst being low-loadered home yesterday afternoon, following front n/s blow-out on M6 at Knutsford (missing tube from tyre-weld kit - Doh!). Thought I'd give them a go as I could not drive the car anyway so needed a home-type-service without a £90 call-out fee!

The chap came round today, very professional and knowledgeable - even asked me to check the manual for the correct wheel nut torque? when was the last time they did that at Kwik-fit?

OK so the price; my tyre of choice was the Toyo TR1; I have them on the rear of my C32 AMG and I am very impressed so I thought I'd match both the fronts (due for replacement anyway). 2 x 225/40 18Y (186 mph rating!) £232 inc VAT all fitted. Excellent value and about as cheap as you can get them.

Had never of dreamed of using a call-out tyre service (don't know why not to be honest?) until needing a home service, but now I shall not hesitate to use them and certainly would recommend Philip who fitted my front rubber; credit where credit is due I say:

Philip Horsenail - 0121 270 2594 / 07974517067 birminghameast@etyres.co.uk

timskemp

MB Enthusiast
Car
W213 E220d
I've used them a few times, prices are close to the cheapest and the service is brilliant - will be calling them on Monday for a couple of rears for mine (245/40/18, strangely somewhat dearer than your size!)

Bobby Dazzler

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
ML AMG-line Black Series
Great timing - I've been shopping around for new rears on my C-Class in size 245/40 R 17 - the prices from etyres are below:

Speed Fit Brand -- Price
W MO Continental Sport Contact 3 -- £146.90
Y MO Continental Sport Contact 3 -- £146.80
W MO Pirelli P Zero Rosso -- £144.10
Y - Pirelli P Zero Rosso -- £159.50

OP
OP
AMGry Man

AMGry Man

Car
Present: C250 CGI AMG Sport Coupe, Previous: C250 CDI AMG Sport Coupe (1 yr), C32 AMG Estate (5yrs)
Hi, I first came across Toyos when I had to change the 255/35 ZR18 rears; they cost me £130 each from Jeffries Tyres in Bromsgrove (Worcs), so you should not be paying any more for less rubber!

If you can get the name of the local E-tyres rep in Hull, then I think there are better deals to be done than those quoted by E-Tyres Central.

OP
OP
AMGry Man

AMGry Man

Car
BobbyDazzler; your reply came in before I posted my response; do check out the Toyos TR1; really great grip on my C32 AMG Estate

verytalldave

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200K Cubanite
I have used my local e-tyre man and he was excellent.
I would recommend them totally.
And they are VERY good value.

timskemp

MB Enthusiast
Car
W213 E220d
Hi, I first came across Toyos when I had to change the 255/35 ZR18 rears; they cost me £130 each from Jeffries Tyres in Bromsgrove (Worcs), so you should not be paying any more for less rubber!

If you can get the name of the local E-tyres rep in Hull, then I think there are better deals to be done than those quoted by E-Tyres Central.
My local man unfortunately died on the 2 jan, so I don't know who they use in my are now!

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S203 C230
I've used eTyres in this area twice (second time being this week) - excellent service all round. Great on the phone, punctual fitter, very thorough, no problems at all. You get a free puncture repair service for any family member's car (not just the one they put the tyres on) afterwards, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom