E-Tyres Experiences ? ? ? ? ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

verytalldave

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200K Cubanite
Has anyone here purchased tyres from the online retailer E-tyres????

Having discovered a flat tyre tonight, and as all 4 are getting close to the limit I have decided to replace all 4 ASAP.

Any experiences please - good or bad - or perhaps I should just go to Kwik-Fit?

I've used mytyres.co.uk and you save about 30% on kwik fit which saves about £120+ plus you can be sure you get the tyres you want as the choice is huge
plus you can choose a decent garage to get them fitted

Having discovered a flat tyre tonight, and as all 4 are getting close to the limit I have decided to replace all 4 ASAP.

I chose Blackcircles - who have been doing this a long time. Excellent experience, especially the convenience of the mobile fitter (£10 premium for him)

Thanks V.much for the replies...............
Will contact some names posted to see how they compare, however I dont expect change from £500.

But thats still a whole lot better than the £675 quoted by a certain well known national tyre fitter.

Dont forget Camskill!! They are doing some awesome deals on high performance tyres.

Yep , Camskill get my vote too ...

Got a cracking deal on a pair of 245/40/17's the other day .

Just ordered 4 tyres from ETYRES.CO.UK........

Being fitted at my home tomorrow morning by one of their mobile fitters......

2x Continental 225/45R17Y SPORT CONTACT 3MO
2x Continental 245/40R17Y ditto

Total all-in cost - £506.20

Kwik-fit price - £678.00 - and I have to go to them.

Thanks for everyones advice and help. Its all much appreciated.

I will let you know how it all goes tomorrow morning and if its problem free.

I've used E-tyres a couple of times. It's a franchise operation, so it depends who you get. However, I've had the same chap twice and he was very good. Tyres were a good price too. There's no possibility for wheel alignment with a mobile fitter, of course, but it avoids the add-on sales patter you get at KF. ;)

Had them fitted yesterday - and they are very good. Would use them again and totally recommend them to others here.
I bought 4 tyres but the fitter said my front 2 were still fine and suggested I keep them for another few thousand miles at least (they are still nowhere near their wear markers) and when I want the new ones fitted he will come back and fit them. No problem. So meanwhile they are in my garage.
Cheap - and V.good service. What more can you ask ? ? ?

E-TYRES - £506
KWIK-FIT - £678

No contest.

Had them fitted yesterday - and they are very good. Would use them again and totally recommend them to others here.
I bought 4 tyres but the fitter said my front 2 were still fine and suggested I keep them for another few thousand miles at least (they are still nowhere near their wear markers) and when I want the new ones fitted he will come back and fit them. No problem. So meanwhile they are in my garage.
Cheap - and V.good service. What more can you ask ? ? ?

E-TYRES - £506
KWIK-FIT - £678

No contest.
Was it like for like. What make of tyres?

No. The orginals which were removed were CONTINENTAL SPORT CONTACT 2's

I had the SPORT CONTACT 3's fitted. So better than the originals (see post #9, above).

BTW - MO=Mercedes original fitment.

These are what I had fitted............

http://www.etyres.co.uk/car-tyres-u...&tyre8Ply=F&tyre4X4=F&specialMake=Continental
Sounds like an excellent deal. Wise to fit MO tyres especially on the C class as I've heard from Micheldever that some makes can cause odd handling as can having different tyres front and rear.

Will you get alignment checked and wheel balancing done and what will that cost approx (only ask as that is the only disadvantage of mobile fitters AFAIK).

its the balancing that the mobile guys can not get as accurate - my advice is get the fronts fitted / balanced at a tyre shop.

I used Camskill recently and was very impressed. Ordered the tyres at lunch time and they turned up at 10 the next day!

Cheap too - £175 for a set of 205/40/17 Falkens.

I'm about to try mytyres today too, my ghetto Polo needs some girth!

mytyres were the best priced for me by quite a way. Delivery has taken a while though, paid last thursday, rears arrived yesterday, front two nowhere to be seen!

Might not be a problem if you order the same size/brand though, or if you're not in impatient! :D

its the balancing that the mobile guys can not get as accurate - my advice is get the fronts fitted / balanced at a tyre shop.

I did wonder about that aspect, but everything is fine. Wheels were balanced OK with not a trace of imbalance. And I was specifically looking out for it as well. As smooth as silk. I watched him do the balancing and it was no different as it was when I last went to proper tyre depot. The van is all equipped with the same gear as a fixed site.
And of course, as a bonus they come to you AND take the old tyres away.
Theres no downside that I can see.

The van is all equipped with the same gear as a fixed site.

One issue is that the van is on springs which can cause problems with accurate balance, the other is that the operator may not bother at all.

Not worth the aggravation IMO going on line - got a cracking deal for a full set of four tyres on my W203 from a MB dealership and actually made a saving and they were F1 Eagle Good Year as well and they fitted them in house not sub contracted out and had they damage the alloys on the fitting/removal process they would sort it no problem. They even put black on to the new tyres afterwards. They were fitted and balanced by a MB technician and even manually undone the the wheels nuts as per my request ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom