E W211 280cdi Jammed Wing Mirror

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bhzmac1

Car
E Class W211 280cdi Saloon
First post after swapping my 300c crd for a e class 280 cdi...so hello. Just given it a full service which was pretty familiar as it has the same engine as the 300 so I am now working on the niggles...

I have a E 211 2006 face lifted - the drivers wing mirror is jammed on the closed position, no movement from the motor at all, so the mirror is currently manually forced over the motor movement into position.

I am right in thinking the face lifted mirrors insides are accessed by removing the glass first and not sliding the cover completely off the assembly? and do these suffer the common broken wires due the wing movement.

Any input gratefully received...

bhzmac1 said:
First post after swapping my 300c crd for a e class 280 cdi...so hello. Just given it a full service which was pretty familiar as it has the same engine as the 300 so I am now working on the niggles... I have a E 211 2006 face lifted - the drivers wing mirror is jammed on the closed position, no movement from the motor at all, so the mirror is currently manually forced over the motor movement into position. I am right in thinking the face lifted mirrors insides are accessed by removing the glass first and not sliding the cover completely off the assembly? and do these suffer the common broken wires due the wing movement. Any input gratefully received...

I have the EXACT same problem as you on the exact car! Mines been like that for a year and half now as Iv set the mirrors to not close when locked. Interesting to hear how you fix yours

I have the EXACT same problem as you on the exact car! Mines been like that for a year and half now as Iv set the mirrors to not close when locked. Interesting to hear how you fix yours

For some reason mine does not have the option to fold on lock in the settings menu just the switch on the drivers door, which kinda made me think it might not be the common broken wires issue.

ABS sbc

Hi!
I bought a Mercedes E w211 270cdi year 2002.
Chassis number: WDB2110161A192109

The battery was connected wrong:
Plus to minus and uppersit.

ABS sbc electronic is burned of!

ABS
The partnumber: Bosch 0265960012

Mercedes House want me to buy a new unit,
which is very expensive!

What happens when plus goes tu minus and uppersit?
What is normaly damaged?

Does anyone know, it you can get this repaired?
How much it would cost?

Troels
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom