E10 petrol.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nevello

Car
2005 CLK 2.8 Convertible
Hi any idea if my 2005 CLK 2.8 convertible will be compatible with E10 petrol? Thanks

I found this on another forum. Its in german. Essentially it says that if your car is in this list then it is NOT compatible with E10 fuel.

It looks like my 2001 300ce is OK. Fingers crossed for you.

Attachments

• Serviceinformation_E10_Kraftstoff.pdf
    100 KB · Views: 43
How much is E10 compared to E5 ? I havn't even bothered to look at the pumps. :rolleyes:

The situation is very simple. The only cars under 20 years old that are incompatible with E10 are the old Kompressor versions of the M271 CGI engine. Everything else is fine. The same information has been available for some time on the government E10 checker.

GOV.UK E10 Enquiry

View attachment 118196
I looked on the government site. My car is over 30 years old being a 1991.

I read this on there about older cars that would also have an issue and thought mine would have a problem with E10, but it is OK based on the more detailed doc above..
"
  • Models not equipped with three-way catalysts, models retrofitted with three-way catalysts or produced with a carburettor. These are mainly vehicles older than 25 years. "

How much is E10 compared to E5 ? I havn't even bothered to look at the pumps. :rolleyes:
E10 is like normal unleaded prices, but you get lower mpg so will need to refuel sooner than before.
E5 is superunleaded prices high

It's worth reminding ourselves that the claim is that:

`"The introduction of E10 petrol at UK forecourts could cut transport CO2emissions by 750,000 tonnes a year – the equivalent of taking 350,000 cars off the road, or all the cars in North Yorkshire."

Put another way, the introduction of E10 is FAR more strategically important in reducing CO2 than the 240,000 Battery EV's that are currently on UK roads.

(If BEV's ever become affordable, that will change)

Reactions: 190
I think my r129 is fine but I panicked at petrol station so I ended up getting premium product (e5) and thought about asking on the forum. All my cars are pre 2010 so need to look up the other brands also. I think it will be fine.

Just a thought, due to the lowering of mpg of this fuel, we will increase our use of petrol so will the saving of emissions be less as we will be using more fuel?

Utterances from politicians on numbers, halve it to get actual carbon tonnage not released by using E10 fuel.

Utterances from politicians on numbers, halve it to get actual carbon tonnage not released by using E10 fuel.
Just found some figures on a white paper, "due to low mpg it is estimated an increase in fuel spending of £657 m". Good little earner for the gov and fuel companies.

It's worth reminding ourselves that the claim is that:

`"The introduction of E10 petrol at UK forecourts could cut transport CO2emissions by 750,000 tonnes a year – the equivalent of taking 350,000 cars off the road, or all the cars in North Yorkshire."

Put another way, the introduction of E10 is FAR more strategically important in reducing CO2 than the 240,000 Battery EV's that are currently on UK roads.

(If BEV's ever become affordable, that will change)

And getting people to use E10 fuel is much easier than getting them to buy EVs. So looks like E10 is a 'quick win' for the government.

Personally it doesn't matter much to me because I have always used only premium fuels anyway, but I can see why it's a headache for people who own older incompatible cars and don't want to fork out for premium fuel.

And getting people to use E10 fuel is much easier than getting them to buy EVs. So looks like E10 is a 'quick win' for the government
It’s a quick win for the Earth. Taking that 1% projection, that’s the equivalent of taking ten million cars off the road.

The Government may be authorising the change but it’s the energy industry that created the tech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom