E200 Kompressor failed emissions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheBanjoman

Car
Ford Focus
Hi
i have a e200 2005 komp

failed emissions
I had one fault lambda sensor, I replaced this everything seemed fine

FIRST TEST

Low idle

CO0.67% Above 30% Result Failed

High Idle

(3.000rpm) CO.065 VOL% ABOVE 0.20% RESULT FAIL

NEXT TEST (REPLACED LAMBA SENSOR)

HIGH IDLE

CO 0.04% ABOVE 0.30% RESULT PASS

LOW IDLE

CO.041 VOL% ABOVE 0.20% RESULT FAIL

So lamba brought down high idle to near perfect it also brought down low idle from 0.65 to 0.41%
any suggestions? please

Attachments

• IMG-20190813-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20190813-WA0005.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG-20190905-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20190905-WA0004.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 14
If the car wasn't fully warmed up when tested? I'm speculating, but higher temperature of catalytic converter will help imho

it drove 10km to test centre im sure thats good enough?
Unless its got a faulty thermostat which delays warm up time- i. e.its open all the time? Normally they should check the engine oil temperature with a probe thro the dip stick tube for the test- might be worth checking on the mot report?

Unless its got a faulty thermostat which delays warm up time- i. e.its open all the time? Normally they should check the engine oil temperature with a probe thro the dip stick tube for the test- might be worth checking on the mot report?

I have attached the two Nct reports in the first post

Oil temperature in

First
92%

Second
110%

Would the cat be dirty considering the engine would of been running rich due to the 1st lambs sensor being faulty. maybe a cat a clean

Would the cat be dirty considering the engine would of been running rich due to the 1st lambs sensor being faulty. maybe a cat a clean

I've not scrutinised all the numbers - but definitely 'rich'?
Unburned fuel can get to the cat if running lean and there is a misfire or incomplete burning. Cat will take a (thermal) hiding in that scenario and can burn out.
Not sure about the rich scenario - maybe the chemical action of the cat creates heat enough to burn it also (even though no oxygen - unless a misfire is present).

Hi thanks for the reply,

I have changed both lambda sensors
Put in a cataclean additive
Engine flush followed by a oil change with filter
Also added a stop smoke additive

Any ideas if this w211 e200 1.8 kompressor has a pcv valve and location?

it drove 10km to test centre im sure thats good enough?

Depends on what kind of driving occurred in those 10km. If all/most was low speed stop and go, then the car was not warm enough.
Usually a 20km trip at highways speeds works best. Drive directly to the inspection station after that and leave the car idling if possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom