E200K, 2001, journey stats not resetting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MFK

Car
Merc E200 Auto
W210 engine
When I start a journey the data from the previous journey is not resetting i.e. mileage, fuel consumption, journey time etc.

When I hold in the R button it will zero display but I never previously had to do this - it used to happen automatically.

Any ideas what could be wrong

Cheers

MFK

W210 engine
When I start a journey the data from the previous journey is not resetting i.e. mileage, fuel consumption, journey time etc.

When I hold in the R button it will zero display but I never previously had to do this - it used to happen automatically.

Any ideas what could be wrong

Cheers

MFK

Can you confirm that you haven't started driving more than previously ;) I mean a journey is supposed to start as a new one if the car has been stationary for hours, was it 5 hours.

Thanks for reply

The time between journeys was less than 5 hours. I never noticed it like this before.

Is it possible to change the interval time.

Thanks MFK

Mine takes almost 24 hours to re set

These thing can be re set your self, bring up the from start menu, then press the button in the cluster to re set. This goes for miles and fuel consumption

Thanks for replies.

Television - can you explain a little more how you do it.

Thanks

MFK

Thanks for replies.

Television - can you explain a little more how you do it.

Thanks

MFK

Get the display that you want to reset up by pressing the menu buttons till the first function in the trip computer menu.

then press the arrows up or down until you see the display that you wish to re set.
Then press and hold the instrument cluster re set button until the display re sets

Television - thanks again for reply but how do you change it so that it will reset for each journey.

I can reset it back to zero without a problem but I am well into my journey when I tend to remember it.

I want it to reset automatically once the car engine has been switched off etc

Television - thanks again for reply but how do you change it so that it will reset for each journey.

I can reset it back to zero without a problem but I am well into my journey when I tend to remember it.

You cant do that,its not in the menu , I checked on the time of the re set and MB say on average it takes 4 hours as long as the key has not been turned to 1 or 2 in the mean time.

Sorry about that

You actually set two conflicting requirements. The point being that "each journey" usually doesn't count as "from engine switch on to engine switch off".

You may stop at a shop or for a coffee during your journey and at least I would hate the "after start" reading resetting at every switch off.

This would leave the time open the car should assume a stop would belong to one journey and when a new one starts. Ideally this time could be defined by the driver but MB has reduced these programming options because US owners get confused when the settings have changed :rolleyes:

You actually set two conflicting requirements. The point being that "each journey" usually doesn't count as "from engine switch on to engine switch off".

You may stop at a shop or for a coffee during your journey and at least I would hate the "after start" reading resetting at every switch off.

This would leave the time open the car should assume a stop would belong to one journey and when a new one starts. Ideally this time could be defined by the driver but MB has reduced these programming options because US owners get confused when the settings have changed :rolleyes:

I too go along with what you say, for small journeys its neither hear nor there.

And short of a dedicated re set button there is no other way.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom