E200W210 - Check lamps/Lamp defect

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Louiiee

Car
E200(w210)
Hi there. I got this problem with check lamps/lamp defect :mad: I checked all the lights. Actually the error is appearing only when I'm using the lights, when they're off there is no malfunction. I forgot to check the fog lights:doh:, but I belive that it doesn't have to show me this error if I didn't switch on them or it does? Thanks.:D

It will only show you the error when you attempt to turn the lights on. Turn to position one and see if it trips. If it does, it's either your side lights or number plate lights. Position two, it's the low beam headlamps.

If when brakes pressed, obviously a brake light, as with the foglamps. If the bulbs are ok check for corrosion where the bulb sits.

Remember you also have 4 rear sidelight bulbs, people tend to glance at the lamp see a light and think it works, when infact its only one bulb lighting the lamp up.

Hello again. I checked the fog lights and there is one that is not working, I changed the bulb still not working, maybe something wrong with the wire. The error is shown only when I turn to position one. But I observed that when I turn lights on there's a problem with a light from the speedometer, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Well, I belive that may be a problem because I changed the positions bulbs with some that doesn't have the same connectors, but they're working :D

P.S: Can the speedometer light be the one who give me the error?

Last edited:
Hello again. I checked the fog lights and there is one that is not working...

P.S: Can the speedometer light be the one who give me the error?

One fog light not working? Front or rear?

No, cannot be the cluster.

Front, right side.. But it should appear the error when I try to switch fog lights on, no? It appears on the time I switch to first position.

Front, right side.. But it should appear the error when I try to switch fog lights on, no? It appears on the time I switch to first position.

You sure it's the fog light and not the side light?

Big light - Main dipped headlamp and indicator
Smaller light - High beam and side lights
Smaller light in bottom bumper - fog lights

Unless, someone has wired the fog lights to come one when the side lights should

You sure it's the fog light and not the side light?

Big light - Main dipped headlamp and indicator
Smaller light - High beam and side lights
Smaller light in bottom bumper - fog lights

Unless, someone has wired the fog lights to come one when the side lights should

I know where the fog lights are positioned.. I said that I don't think that the error must go on if I didn't turn on them, I mean the fog lights, by dragging the commuter. So there's a problem with other light..

If it's the first position you have a sidelight out, see my previous post.

I know where the fog lights are positioned.. I said that I don't think that the error must go on if I didn't turn on them, I mean the fog lights, by dragging the commuter. So there's a problem with other light..

I only asked because as Auto-mobile said you stated the error light came on at the first switch which would mean it is a sidelight or number plate light or corrosion

Well, I checked today the rear lights and it seems that two are gone.. I'll replace them tomorrow.. I thought It was only 2 but it seems there are 4.. Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom