E211 Boot lid drips when open after rain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DrNick

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL500
After its been raining, when I open the boot on my E211, water drips from the corners into the boot area. Its not just one or two drips, its a consistent dripping. I guess that water is getting trapped in the panel somewhere as there appears to be a sort of foam mesh in what I assume to be drainage holes under the boot lid and it seems to be emanating from there.
I can't see an obvious place where it gets in though.

Anybody else had this problem and solved it?

After its been raining, when I open the boot on my E211, water drips from the corners into the boot area. Its not just one or two drips, its a consistent dripping. I guess that water is getting trapped in the panel somewhere as there appears to be a sort of foam mesh in what I assume to be drainage holes under the boot lid and it seems to be emanating from there.
I can't see an obvious place where it gets in though.

Anybody else had this problem and solved it?

Might help?

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/interior/94871-e55-w211-water-boot.html

the foam mesh gets clogged and water builds up, mine has the same issue.

I was coming to the conclusion that removing the foam was the path of least resistance!

Was removing it as straightforward as just hooking it out, or is there a clever way of doing it?

Nick

I was coming to the conclusion that removing the foam was the path of least resistance!

Was removing it as straightforward as just hooking it out, or is there a clever way of doing it?

Nick

I would recommend to disassemble whole thing, like said mine had collected 2cm 'mud' all over the lower edge, between seal and edge whee draining should happen.

WIS
AR68.30-P-8150T
AR88.50-P-5080TA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom