e211 subframe bushes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markheaney2

Car
mercedes s350 cdi 2010
has anyone else experienced a fluttering banging noise from the rear of their 211 i have so far chiselled the front bushes of the subframe out it was not like a 210 it took 3 hours i think the rear subframe bushes are soft and allowing the subframe to bang on the floor the thought of chiselling the rears out fills me with dread they are 30 percent bigger than the fronts i have tried to buy a subframe bush removing tool to no avail lots available for the 210 only one available for the 211 is mercedes own at 510 pounds anyway has anyone else got this banging fluttering noise i have replaced shockers springs trailing arm bushes had it in to mercedes for a full rear suspension check they cannot find anything with any play whatsoever because this is a taxi in the centre of york it is doing my head in it sounds just like the exhausts is banging on the floor when you hit a sharp bump or rut in the road any suggestions before i park the car up permanently

argh please use some punctuation as it's very difficult to read continual streams of text as i shall now demonstrate my estate had a similar problem turned out to be missing a spacer on the spare wheel retention clamp so the spare was jumping over bumps also the exhaust was missing a rubber hanger and would occasionally contact one of the heatshields why do you think it's the subframe bushes if merc can't find any play

because they have checked everything on the car, i have also dismantled the suspension completely twice checking every bar and joint.The only thing left are the rear subframe bushes.

I just had my front rear subframe bushes replaced, early days but they were shot, slight knock when pulling off, all sorted now, took Alex crow a good few hours hacking the old ones out.

they are a nightmare

They take about an hour and a half to do. Not much fun but do-able.

is that an hour and a half for all 4

hi black c55 how do you get them out do you use an air chisel

Just the fronts.

Don't need an air chisel. Just a sharp chisel and brute force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom