E220 2019 starter battery low

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dabthesaab

Car
E220d coupe prem +
Hi all i have a query for all you clever bods regarding the above car. I have done a 160 motorway drive and still have partial starter battery level showing. Would this drive be enough to charge it and as still under warranty is that covered.
It is booked in for 2 weeks.
Many thanks for reading

Hi all i have a query for all you clever bods regarding the above car. I have done a 160 motorway drive and still have partial starter battery level showing. Would this drive be enough to charge it and as still under warranty is that covered.
It is booked in for 2 weeks.
Many thanks for reading
I believe a drive of that distance should be more than enough to fully charge the battery. However, if you are taking the information from the Mercedes me app then my experience is that this often reports a partially charged state when it would not be expected. I did complain about it, the battery was checked and the advice given was that it was just one of those things and, as long as the car itself (as opposed to the app), was not reporting a problem, not to worry. I suggest you flag the problem, especially as you are still under warranty, but be prepared for the response I received. Of course it might be a genuine battery or charging problem, so important to get it checked.

I agree mileage like that should be plenty to charge a good battery, I’m guessing that was about 2.5/3 hours driving.
I remember someone I used to work with, his other half rang him at work saying the car wouldn’t start, so he nipped home at lunch and jump started the car and sent her on her way, only to get another phone call 30 minutes later telling him it wouldn’t start again, she had only drove up the road about half a mile and parked up and gone to the local shop.

I agree mileage like that should be plenty to charge a good battery, I’m guessing that was about 2.5/3 hours driving.
I remember someone I used to work with, his other half rang him at work saying the car wouldn’t start, so he nipped home at lunch and jump started the car and sent her on her way, only to get another phone call 30 minutes later telling him it wouldn’t start again, she had only drove up the road about half a mile and parked up and gone to the local shop.
Yea dead right 3 hour drive booked in 2 weeks time see what they find

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom