E220 (212) Gearbox Issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beardz

Car
Merc E220 (S212) CDi SE Exec Estate & Merc CLK320 Cabrio A209
Good morning,

Yesterday I spent a long time on cruise control on motorways, when I moved to A roads the gearbox seemed to be holding onto gears before changing up.

When I had a chance I put it into park switched the engine off and then started it up again.

At this point the engine light came on the dash????

Short term the box seemed to be okay but it started to hold gears again and seem a little jerky on changes down to lower gears at slow speed.

The engine light was on again this morning but the car seemed to drive ok.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Well I've had the car on a diagnostic and it seems worse than I feared....:wallbash:

No probs with the transmission, it has three fault codes advising the following;

DPF Blocked
Small Turbo fault
Air Leak in the Intake System

Sounds expensive.....

Car still running but down on power (not complete limp mode). :dk:

Out of interest what sort of mileage do you do?

Do you use low ash engine oil?

Over 12k per year with a mixture of day to day town driving (I live pretty close to work), so car doesn't properly warm up (I know not good for DPF's), but I also do quite a bit of motorway driving as well (ironically the engine light came on after a 250 mile round trip).

I also make sure I take the car out at the odd weekend and give it a good thrash.

Don't know about the oil tbh.

That's worrying as I got the same car as you and do similar journeys as you. Weekdays it's used as a school run workhorse and we only give it a good run on the weekends but even then we don't go very far, probably 30 minutes on the motorway.

Keep me updated on this please.

ph47mf said:
That's worrying as I got the same car as you and do similar journeys as you. Weekdays it's used as a school run workhorse and we only give it a good run on the weekends but even then we don't go very far, probably 30 minutes on the motorway. Keep me updated on this please.

Will do, the car goes in to my Indy tomorrow, so proper star machine etc should give me the full story

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom