E220 Anti Theft Protection Activated

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brimac

Car
e220 Estate
Hi Folks,
Bought a 2011 Merc e220 estate off a local independent dealer, told me stereo was inoperable, I was not that annoyed and saw as a trivial matter and i got a nice deal,
When i turn on the car and the radio comes on as normal and is perfect for 10 seconds and then the message " Antitheft protection activated please contact your local Mercedes workshop".. took to mercedes dealer 2 hours away and they charged me 65 pound to tell me basically the car can not communicate to the radio and the option was to book it in again for a complete removing of car software and radio software and reinstalling it again and hoping the radio and car would marry up and cure problem...
Booked in today, was there for 5 hours and result was that I need a new command unit at 960 plus vat
So drive 2 hours home and still no radio. fed up at this stage and as i said to merc service guys its the first merc i have owned and love it but god i am cheesed off and nowhere to turn...
I am not gone on buying a new command unit when my own works for 10 secs and obviously is "alive"
They said there is a problem the unit writing to an internal memory chip or something worded similar.

Would really like some help as this seems a common problem when I google it but still no answers..
Thanks all... heres hoping

I don't know where you are in the UK, but talk to these guys:

www.comandonline.co.uk

They know everything there is to know about COMAND, and if it can't be fixed, will be able to advise re practical alternative options.

like the main dealer these were no use, wanted sell me a new command unit at 3500... dsaster

Time to consider an android-based touch-screen alternative?

Hi Folks,
Bought a 2011 Merc e220 estate off a local independent dealer, told me stereo was inoperable, I was not that annoyed and saw as a trivial matter and i got a nice deal,
When i turn on the car and the radio comes on as normal and is perfect for 10 seconds and then the message " Antitheft protection activated please contact your local Mercedes workshop".. took to mercedes dealer 2 hours away and they charged me 65 pound to tell me basically the car can not communicate to the radio and the option was to book it in again for a complete removing of car software and radio software and reinstalling it again and hoping the radio and car would marry up and cure problem...
Booked in today, was there for 5 hours and result was that I need a new command unit at 960 plus vat
So drive 2 hours home and still no radio. fed up at this stage and as i said to merc service guys its the first merc i have owned and love it but god i am cheesed off and nowhere to turn...
I am not gone on buying a new command unit when my own works for 10 secs and obviously is "alive"
They said there is a problem the unit writing to an internal memory chip or something worded similar.

Would really like some help as this seems a common problem when I google it but still no answers..
Thanks all... heres hoping

I think we spoke/emailed and you actually have audio-50 in the car.

There is a fault with these units in that they display this message and there is no stored PIN anywhere. Its due to a faulty component inside. Sadly there isnt a fix and the unit needs to be replaced. Its a good time to upgrade to Comand :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom