E220 Bluetec buying advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Distronic

Car
W204 C class
Hi, I’m looking at perhaps buying a W212 E220 saloon, but I have a few questions which I haven’t really found definitive answers to so am wondering if people here will know. I know I’m after lots of info here so thanks very much in advance for any advice.

1. I’m on a budget and it seems that the affordable Autotrader examples are 2013 and 2014 models. Do the 2015 and 2016 ones have any spec/ equipment that the earlier ones don’t?

2.Do all years of w212 have 3 colours of interior ambient lighting? (I remember reading somewhere that before 2015 it isn’t possible to change the colour, but perhaps that was on an American forum?)

3. Are these cars reliable? All the ones for sale have quite high mileage. I’ve been looking at one that has 104,00 miles which I guess isn’t too bad but most are way above that and quite a few over 200,000 miles. Are they reliable once the mileage gets high?

4. Am really in two minds about this one- which looks better? Night edition (so no chrome on front and rear bumpers) or standard AMG (which has the chrome bits). Want to get the car in black by the way and I want it to have a sporty and cool touch to it.

5. What’s the ride quality like on AMG models? Is it really harsh? My w204 AMG is really rough especially on country roads.

6. Do these cars have xenons as standard? It looks like pre 2015 models have more plain looking headlights so am wondering if those years have different type of lights?

If you read this far thanks again ha ha!

Facelift comes 2014 (I don't know do they sell those already year before in UK)

Facelift has uniform headlight, when pre-face lift has 'two part' design (actually it is one assembly after all). Xenons high beam and LED dipped beam. Facelift has possibility to have LED multibeam lights.

Facelift has color instrument cluster display, and AFAIK interior light color option comes in facelift too.

Its funny way to call AMG models or then it differs in UK... to me AMG model is the one with elephant engine (E 63 AMG), chassis trim can be AMG style and suspension have sport and comfort options.

Facelift comes 2014 (I don't know do they sell those already year before in UK)

Facelift has uniform headlight, when pre-face lift has 'two part' design (actually it is one assembly after all). Xenons high beam and LED dipped beam. Facelift has possibility to have LED multibeam lights.

Facelift has color instrument cluster display, and AFAIK interior light color option comes in facelift too.

Its funny way to call AMG models or then it differs in UK... to me AMG model is the one with elephant engine (E 63 AMG), chassis trim can be AMG style and suspension have sport and comfort options.
Hi there, thanks for your info. Yes, it is a bit misleading in the UK how they are called AMG models if they have AMG styling pack. I'm glad though because at least this way you can get one that looks a little bit like a true AMG :)

Definitely give Vish at Mercland a call. They have quite a range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom