E220 cdi, 2001 not starting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BAZ-500SL

Car
500sl
Hello guys need some help my 2001 e220 cdi is not starting, the key clicks in to ignition and all lights come on the dash, electric are working except for the horn and the steering buttons, as soon as the ignition is on the fan turns on full blast but doesn't fire there no cranking just lights on the dash, is there anything I can check I have swapped a small black box with another e220 but still nothing, il post up the picture of the box I swapped all help appriciated

image-3633531424.jpg

The Black box/cube is the starter relay which is mounted on the K40 module.
Try opening up the K40 and inspect the solder joints with a STRONG magnifying glass.

See… Will not crank - MBWorld.org Forums

Bad_K40_001.jpg

See also, for pictures… Mercedes Benz Fuse BOX Relay Unit A 000 540 00 72 | eBay

Dec

Last edited:
Thanks dec, still no luck I swapped it with a car that is starting but still same issue I even got it towed and tried to crank it hoping it would just be the starter but still no luck, I can hear the relays clicking when turning but then that no cranking or starting, it has to be something electrical will try looking at the wires on the starter and work out of it could be one I those either broken or corroded will keep you posted

Try the earth connection just below and behind the o/s headlight (driver). It corrodes and causes lots of issues. It's bolted to the chassis there with a bundle of earth wires.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks il have a look tommoro plus get under it to see I any wires have dropped of the starter, also guys the relay ok the k40 module could I bypass the relay and see if it fires up, I had a issue with a astra once not starting and the AA man bypassed the relay with the key in ignition and it fired up so I was wondering of I could do this with the merc, just an idea thanks

Hello just re-connected the earth wires as it was a corroded ok the body, put a fresh battery in still nothing, I directed the starter by removing the k40 relay and bridging pins 30/87, the starter cranks but doesn't fire up, I checked the fuel pump fuse under seat number 6 (25 amp) and that's fine but still it's not firing, any where else I could have a look thanks

Found this lose does anyone know where it goes can't find a connector to put it in

image-555478157.jpg

image-1185720490.jpg

image-763222457.jpg

It has an air of importance about it, it’s on the outside of the box isn’t it?
Looks like something that plugs into a cooling fan, would that box need a cooling fan?

Dec

Don't know I found it floating about on the side of the box so just got me thinking,

25 amp fuse under seat for fuel pump . wouldnt have thought a cdi had one neither of the pumps are electric on that year as far as i believe.

I been suggested it could be a immoboliser issue, but now I need to know how to over come this, I know some cars your lock drivers side manually and unlock passengers side manually or something like that but I only have a drivers side key hole, or is there a way I could bypass the immobiliser, all help appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom