E220 CDI (W211,2009) Auto: Failing to change gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

starlight

Car
C220d AMG Premium Line Plus (2018)
On Wednesday this week, after driving for around two hours, and traveling on the straight and level at around 55 mph my E220CDI (68,000) sounded as if it was straining to shift up a gear. I poked the throttle to see if I could force the change but that only produce a increase in revs,with the needle heading towards the red markers at around 4,400 RPM.

I stopped shortly afterwards and about 20 minutes later headed back home. There was no replication of the behaviour but I got a feeling that the engine was working harder than usual.

There were no problems on a similar drive yesterday.

The E-Class has been ultra reliable, but my other car (SL500, R230, 2003) has been a nightmare over the past couple of months and I'm sick and tired of shuttling back and forth to the dealer.

In the course of Wednesday's journey I had used the speed limiter during various sections of road works with average speed cameras, so I'm wondering whether in a senior moment I'd unwittingly messed up the Speedtronic - although there was nothing on the instrument cluster to suggest a limitation and in any event I wouldn't have expected the revs to climb.

Before I steel myself to make another trip to the workshop, any suggestions appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom