E220 Cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jozsef

Car
E220 CDI/Avantgard
Last November I bought my first new Dizel 220 CDI Avantgard and I am very pleased with its performance and fuel economy , but unlike my previous cars (Merc’s all new) I am having some upsetting problems like warnings on screen FOULTY DIPLAY visit showroom ,after a number of visit it is still not sorted, it is going in again, but the most worrying problem is the noise coming from the Sensotronic brake unit BRRRRRRRRRRRR sound it is clearly heard above the engine noise, I have complained many times but each time I am told that it is a Design fault so they (The garage) can't do anything ,I cannot believe that Mercedes would release a car with any design fault.

I would welcome your comments.

J, B.

Last edited:
Is it a W211? (the new E Class).

This isn't a design 'fault' its how its designed. If you sit in the car with the engine off and pump the brake pedal do you hear the noise? A friend made a reference to my car burping when I do it. Its the pump increasing the preasure in the hydrolic system. I've known other makes of cars do a similar thing but not so obvious, I think thats down to the sensotronic. I first noticed it in the showrooms whilst first looking at the car. I can't say its ever bothered me, its just doing its job!

Thanks Richard for your comment,

Yes, it is the new E-Class,it does exactly as you discribe it,I do understand that it is only doing it's job but i just wish it did it quiter,it is a butiful car so i will put up with it.

Many Thanks,

I can only barely hear it when driving (blame that on the diesel clatter) although it is very noticable when the engine is off. I guess petrol owners will hear it more. It really hasn't ever bothered me at all and I'm hate any form of rattle or squeek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom