E220 PCP Offer - Any Good ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

armerc

Car
merc
Hello all - great forum.

I am looking into buying a brand new Mercedes and am looking at E220 CDI AMG 7 sp Auto 4dr Saloon on a PCP.

One offer I have had is for £320 / month, deposit £5,800, for 3 years and 10k miles per annum.

I have been through lease vs PCP discussions and do want PCP option. So for those in the know on here, is this a good deal being offered to me ?

And any pro/cons of this model to consider ?

Deposit and monthly payments all depend on your circumstances.

The only comparison really is the interest rate and then comparing total cost over 3 years with other deals.

On a new car you should be offered less than 5% APR. (BMW are doing 2.9% on 3 series GT)

Official price at the Merc dealer and on Merc website is £369/month, £5,200 deposit for same terms. APR is 6%.

Think I have haggled them down, but want to see if the deal they are offering me is good or not as I do want to go for this model (if the price is right).

The only comparison really is the interest rate and then comparing total cost over 3 years with other deals.

I think the best comparison is to simply add up the deposit and payments and any admin/document charges.

Make a realistic estimate of anything left in the deal over and above the final payment - and subtract that from that number.

Then you have one simple number that doesn't hide the total cost in a monthly.

10k pa is not a lot of miles.

I'd be looking at a 4 or 5 year outright HP to see if that becomes viable. Then any mileage won't be an issue and you get to keep the car outright without a final balloon payment.

You can still trade in during the term if you so wish.

Just for the sake of the numbers, and appreciating what you said about not wanting to go down the lease route, however:

Your PCP quote
Total cost over 3 years = £17,000 (£5,667 p/a)

Lease for 3 years
Total cost over 3 years = £2984 deposit & 35 x £291.58 = £13,189.30 (£4396 p/a)

I am intending to buy the car at the end of the year term, hence going down the PCP route. Leasing does not give me the option.

I just really want to know if the PCP offer is a good one compared to dealer list price, or should I aim to reduce further ?

I am intending to buy the car at the end of the year term, hence going down the PCP route. Leasing does not give me the option.

I just really want to know if the PCP offer is a good one compared to dealer list price, or should I aim to reduce further ?

I always thought that too. However I've recently taken out a contract hire (always bought in the past) and some brokers I looked at say they will approach the finance company at the end of the term if you wish to buy. That may be a bit wooly if you know you will definitely want to buy it, but worth a thought.

bought a new E class on pcp last year,we got the money ready and will be buying it after 3 year term, also took the service plan as well

bought a new E class on pcp last year,we got the money ready and will be buying it after 3 year term, also took the service plan as well

Are you pleased with it - what spec did you get ? And what mthly payment / deposit did you agree to pay - is the deal I am being offered good ?

I'd say you could do better. My e220 auto amg sport estate with ~£2K options, on same 3 year 10K PCP from MB with a £3,400 deposit is £370 p.m.

So taking into account your extra deposit you could get my estate at less than your per month. I placed my order via drivethedeal.com, who intro you to an MB dealer and you buy from them. My car was ~£7500 off list.

cheers, Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom