E220 w124 wont start but turns over

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BAZ-500SL

Car
500sl
Ello guys just need a bit of help the e220 w124d ( petrol model )won't start but turns over was ok but now won't start is there anything that can be looked or is there any common problems on these which might indicate why it won't start all help appriciated as usual thanks in advance

NINE TIMES OUT OF TEN A FAULTY AFTERMARKET ALARM.Plenty posts on here about them if you do a search. Other possiblities are a faulty fuel pump relay or OVP relay.

What types of keys or remote fob do you normally use to unlock the car?

Dec

KeyfobAndBatteries.jpg

Thanks guys the car was running but suddenly stopped the key is a remote one but doesn't work so has to be locked and unlocked via passenger door

Can you hear the fuel pump prime when you switch the ignition on?

Does the rev counter flicker when cranking?

If it has the factory RCL locking, it comes in a couple of versions, some with an immobiliser and some without. First thing to check

If it turns over, but doesn't start, it either has no fuel, no spark, no compression or some combination of the three. Easy enough to test which

Nick Froome

Had this recently and it wound up being the fuel pump wasn't getting anywhere near the right pressure. Annoyingly I could still hear it priming whenever i turned the ignition on so it took me a while to determine it was definitely it. Good luck with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom