E220 (W211) Sorn for 3 yrs. What next ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crazy Mike

Car
E220 CDi Elegance '02
My 2002 E220 has been in the garage for the last 3 years. Started up every 2 weeks and run up and down driveway (80 feet long). Battery permanently on ctek charger. Looking for any general advice before getting back on the road. Pre- sorn, the car was well serviced - new discs/pads allround.
I would like to do my own servicing but no Haynes manual for this model. Any general advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Replace every fluid and filter. I would replace the oil and filter soon after a few hundred miles too. Take it easy for the first hundred miles.Allow the car to warm up and cool down fully.

You don't need Haynes for changing the oil and filters. Just drive the car and relax.

I'm ok with Oil & Filter changes and other basics without a manual but it's more of a general question in case I need some reference. There's a few manuals on ebay but has anyone any experience or recommendations on a decent repair/workshop manual ? Although the car runs ok, 3 years sorn is a fair time so I'm kind of expecting other issues initially when she's back on the road.

^ Agreed.

I would get the brake fluid changed at a garage due to the SBC function.

I'm ok with Oil & Filter changes and other basics without a manual but it's more of a general question in case I need some reference. There's a few manuals on ebay but has anyone any experience or recommendations on a decent repair/workshop manual ? Although the car runs ok, 3 years sorn is a fair time so I'm kind of expecting other issues initially when she's back on the road.

Mercedes only manual and it's about £130 if I remember right tho that was on my slk R170 ..shame as I love a Haynes manual god dam them Germans

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom