E220 W211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MichaelE211

Car
E211 CDI 220 A/G
Need to replace brake pads, other than MB replacements, what make do other fit, and what is the average cost you guys pay (per set of FR & RR).

They may also want to change the rotors as well, since some modern cars seem to eat these at roughly the same rate as pads.

How many miles has this car done?

Brake Pad change

Only 35K, rotors look fine, however MB dealer shall want to change just to rob me some more.

Satch said:
They may also want to change the rotors as well, since some modern cars seem to eat these at roughly the same rate as pads.

have you tryed a MB dealer for the parts

ive changed lots of pads and dics on 211's
as long as the discs are not below the min thickness you might only need the pads if you need any more help pm me
thanks

Cheap Spares ?

I'm going to inspect both front and rear during the week, (redundency has benefits of lots of spare time) what prices and specification/manufacture are you selling and where do they come from?

AMGBoy said:
have you tryed a MB dealer for the parts

ive changed lots of pads and dics on 211's
as long as the discs are not below the min thickness you might only need the pads if you need any more help pm me
thanks

i dont sell any pads or the disc i normally fit genuine ones there prices are quite good

if you need any help fitting them pm me thanks

Brake Pad Wear

Now this is interesting, I've removed all 4 wheels and inspected both front and rear pads, the front have approx. 4-5mm left on each pad, the rears only 1.5-2mm. so I want to replace these, if not both sets..

Which means the car is braking on the rear, as the fronts have not been changed, (if they have I haven't been charged). now at 35K miles I wouldn't have expected these (on an autobox car) to have lasted this long.

The fronts have sensors, the rears do not, but the in-dash computer says pads are worn?

Presumably, its taken this from the brake fluid level, but when I topped this up the warning massage continued?

As stated before, presumably if I follow the precedure on the links below, then after replacing the rear pads, the assist programme resets itself, thus not requiring a visit to the stealer.

The "green stuff" brake pads on the other link, does anyone have experience of these?

Any comments are welcome before I start spending dosh.

Mike

Satch said:

Last edited:
If you value your SAFETY I would not use other than Genuine MB Pads. :crazy:

It may be Too Late to be wise after the event mate. :eek:

Rear Brake Pads

Just a quick note, Purslow's of Guildford has just quoted £37.86 per set (both rear wheels) plus vat, thats £44.49 in real money for genuine parts, thats marginally cheaper that after market parts.

I'll going to fit them.

Brian WH said:
If you value your SAFETY I would not use other than Genuine MB Pads. :crazy:

It may be Too Late to be wise after the event mate. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom