E220, w212, AMG night edition, sunroof not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bassmonster

Car
E220, AMG night edition premium OM651, 2015
Hi all,

My sunroof has stopped working. It was working one day then the next day, nothing.
Thankfully, it's in a closed position right now. When I press the button, I can only hear a click. No whirring noise or anything. I can still open and close the blind/sun shade without any issues. Almost feels like no power going to the motor?

Any ideas as to what the issue could be? Does motor need replacing?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I had a similar issue with my 2012 W212 a few years back - it turned out to be the motor. It was replaced and no issues since - I have been cleaning and lubricating the sunroof regularly as it really struggled to open & close before the motor packed up.

The fact the you hear a click suggests that power is getting somewhere at least. Not sure if the motor is activated by a relay, if it is that would be worth checking. Next stop would be the motor itself. Would imagine the relay, if applicable, would be quite a bit cheaper than the motor, and more than likely easier to replace.
I have sunroofs on both my cars, one a Mercedes, the other not. Not really something I opted for, they just came with the models I went for, but I have to say that for the number of days that I want to use them, I would be just as happy not to have them, on the grounds that it's something less to go wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom