E220 w212 facelift new owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

draykov

Car
W212 facelift e220
A month ago I bought a e220 w212 facelift with 100k miles. So, what engine oil do you suggest and what gearbox oil? The previous owner stated that he had the gearbox oil changed but i want to change it my self. Also, when im driving the car on E, it has to go under 1k rpm to downshift or sometimes it delays to change a gear and you may feel a little kick, i dont really like that..I heard for some gearbox updates that can be done and that this gonna disappear, is that true? I dont think that its a gearbox issue because when i drive it on S mode it changes very smoothly and downshifts before 1.2k rpm. Also, sometimes i can hear a noise from the back when the weight of the car goes to the right side, mostly when i exit a roundabout faster that usual, what to check for this?

..Welcome to the forum draykov

A question for you. Is your E class a petrol or diesel model as it makes a difference when identifying which oil you need?
Brand is not so important as the specification. If you have a petrol model, you need to use 229.5. If its diesel then 229.51 or 229.52 although 229.52 is mostly used on 2019> models. I would use 5w/40 for petrol engines and 5w/30 low saps for diesel.

If you enter your Vin# into this website, VIN Decoder for Mercedes-Benz
you will see exactly which gearbox you have fitted. I suspect it's 7g unless you have stop/start (eco) which is 7g+. They use a different ATF in each gearbox so getting the correct one is important. You do know 7g(+) transmissions are filled by pumping the oil in under pressure?
I personally would get the dealer to do the ATF to be sure its done correctly. They will also ensure you have the correct ATF.

Ask the main dealer if there are any software updates for the transmission. It may just need an ATF change or be a little low on fluid.
Regarding the noise on the right rear, you can only get all the suspension components checked and the dealer would test drive the car to try and replicate what you are experiencing.

Its a diesel and yes I have the start/stop(eco) so it's a 7g(+), do you know the ATF that this gearbox needs?

Welcome... :) 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom