E220 W213 android auto installation for Audio 20

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Piotrnowax

Car
E220 w213 estate
hello guys I am totally lost and after reading everything available i am still not close to crack this, so my e220 has what i believe Audio 20 head unit that is pretty lagging on changing station and it lacks Android auto that i very much would love to have
some threads found suggest I would only need system upgrade ( £75) some installing unit of amazon Monland Carplay Android Auto Interface Support Font&Rear Camera for Mercedes NTG 4.7 4.8 5.X 2013-2017: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike and some says that it would cost me £750 ! i am lost and would love to know what best option there is for me to enjoy android auto, ( perhaps just gluing old Samsung s10 and using it just for that ) lol
this is how my unit look and usb section

Attachments

• 20210131_120548.jpg
    20210131_120548.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • 20210131_120617.jpg
    20210131_120617.jpg
    767.4 KB · Views: 16
Need to know which Audio-20 you have, (code 522 or code 506) - use a VIN decoder to find out, or PM me with your VIN and I;ll take a look. The 506 supports CarPlay natively (best way), 522 needs an external box.
That moonland box is so cheap - you get exactly what you pay for though - the only reliable box with proper software support comes is a UK box that we sell on-line and install and is often mentioned on this forum.

Richard

hello guys I am totally lost and after reading everything available i am still not close to crack this, so my e220 has what i believe Audio 20 head unit that is pretty lagging on changing station and it lacks Android auto that i very much would love to have
some threads found suggest I would only need system upgrade ( £75) some installing unit of amazon Monland Carplay Android Auto Interface Support Font&Rear Camera for Mercedes NTG 4.7 4.8 5.X 2013-2017: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike and some says that it would cost me £750 ! i am lost and would love to know what best option there is for me to enjoy android auto, ( perhaps just gluing old Samsung s10 and using it just for that ) lol
this is how my unit look and usb section
Hi. Were you able to find a solution for this? I have the exact same problem and I have exactly your car as well. Please let me know if you found a way around this.

Need to know which Audio-20 you have, (code 522 or code 506) - use a VIN decoder to find out, or PM me with your VIN and I;ll take a look. The 506 supports CarPlay natively (best way), 522 needs an external box.
That moonland box is so cheap - you get exactly what you pay for though - the only reliable box with proper software support comes is a UK box that we sell on-line and install and is often mentioned on this forum.

Richard
Hello. I have the code 522 on the exact same car in initial post. How can I get apple AirPlay on it? The pictures posted are exactly same as mine.

I have the 506 version.

Can anyone help me activate android auto function please??

506 is Audio20 USB.

However, it could be NTG4.5/4.7, NTG5*1, or NTG5*2.

Of the above, Android Auto can only be activated on 5*1.

For the others, you'll need to install a third-party module that will add Apple CarPlay and Android Auto to your Audio20 radio.

What model of car do you have, and what year?

I see from your profile that your car is W213.

It will probably have Audio20 NTG5.5 (option 506), possibly also the wide screen (option 868).

Check on the Datacard if your car has Android Auto (option 17U).

Talk to Comand UK, they'll know if this option can be retrofitted.

Factory ? Where at mercedes ? I have same version I spoke to them its not possible it's a joke my vin number Wdd2132042a442258
Dont know who you spoke to but your car has 506 and can have factory Apple CarPlay / Android Auto. By factory we mean you can have it exactly as if the option was included at build time.

Dont know who you spoke to but your car has 506 and can have factory Apple CarPlay / Android Auto. By factory we mean you can have it exactly as if the option was included at build time.
Just seen this thread and reminded me I’d really like CarPlay on my recently acquired W213 estate.

Just done a VIN decode and I have the audio 20 but 522 version on my April 2017 release date car.

Is a more complex solution needed on this 522 version?

Thanks!

Just spoke with command company they will do it for me for 400 pounds as in original and they will add code for me in vin decoder will show. Maybe I will try also another dealer not the one on birmingham erdington they are useless

Im interested in the same for my S212 . option code 525 Connect 20 High. Id be interested in what affordable options are available.

Im interested in the same for my S212 . option code 525 Connect 20 High. Id be interested in what affordable options are available.
Option 522 will require an aftermarket system. Option 525 is Audio 50. Im not sure there is an aftermarket box for that.

I have a wdd212 and using the vin tool is says I have audio 20 and the number next to it is 523. Are there option for android auto as the navi button does nothing. Would like to mirror maps to the screen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom