E220d battery fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigjoe1992

Car
Mercedes E220d Night Edition
So i have recently purchased a 2018 e220d amg night edition all was fine for the first few weeks now i get a message through mercedes me about critical battery, also get the charge battery see owners manual on the dash.
Although these messages appear the car has never not started or struggled to start and the battery voltage is usually fine.
I could of lived with the message on the dash but it has now started to affect my parking sensors when vehicle is first started by making them inactive, clearly its an electrical fault somewhere both vehicle and auxiliary battery have been replaced but this still persists any help would be appreciated.

Interesting comment Bigjoe1992. I also suffer from this critical battery warning, and at first I drove the car to prevent the fault reoccurring. I then stopped driving it as the car always started. I also have had the front sensor issue, and just last week the gearbox stuck in first gear after having same critical battery warning. Had to buy a battery charger, first time since 1976! MB dealer says battery is fine, if so why the critical battery message??

How strange. It sounds like Mercedes me pinging the car for info would help to drain the car’s battery but surely not enough? Just wondering if either of you have anything else connected that may be draining the battery unknowingly eg dashcam.

Nothing extra fitted to my car which would drain the battery. When parked in the garage I don't even have the alarm on

Maybe I should switch off the remote keys by holding in the lock car button

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom