E220d W213 TDI Tuning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chopper1310

Car
GLC43 (20)
Hi,

I'm considering getting my E220d (W213) tuned using TDI tuning. Website says it should shunt the BHP from 192 up to 252, NM from 400 up to 480 and fuel efficiency up by approx 20%. Im not doing this to try rip about as i appreciate its a 220d and its not going to suddenly turn into a E63 - i just want a little bit more nip and any saving on MPG is always welcome!.

Its £550 to get it done so just wondered if anyone has done any tuning to their W213 220d and what they thought of the results.

Thanks!

i am a bit sceptical about the claimed results, 20-30 horses increase is more likely.

Is the car not still in warranty as remapping may affect any warranty claims.

Are you using a tuning box, or a remap? I've been impressed by TDI Tuning boxes on the bigger V6 diesels, and I have one on my '09 320 CDI. Don't expect much if any improvement in the fuel economy if you use the greater performance, though.

Are you using a tuning box, or a remap? I've been impressed by TDI Tuning boxes on the bigger V6 diesels, and I have one on my '09 320 CDI. Don't expect much if any improvement in the fuel economy if you use the greater performance, though.
It would be a tuning box so i can remove it if it needs to go back in to dealer for whatever reason. I think im going to give it a try and see what its like.....Everyone likes a bit more power - even if it is only a little more lol

Don't forget to tell your insurance company. They're unlikely to pay out if you have an accident, even if not your fault, and you might not get a chance to remove the box after a crash!

just an update on this. I ended up going with the Tuning box - i notice a real difference in the acceleration and still getting about 40mpg if im driving a bit more right foot heavy. I went on a 84 mile round trip (majority motorway miles) and averaged 54mpg so all good so far. Insurance was too much of a hit either - my current policy is with admiral and having the box fitted put my premium up approx £11 per month. So all good so far.

just an update on this. I ended up going with the Tuning box - i notice a real difference in the acceleration and still getting about 40mpg if im driving a bit more right foot heavy. I went on a 84 mile round trip (majority motorway miles) and averaged 54mpg so all good so far. Insurance was too much of a hit either - my current policy is with admiral and having the box fitted put my premium up approx £11 per month. So all good so far.
so you recommend it then, thinking of doing this myself but in 2 minds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom