E230 (210) driver's wing mirror vandalised

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
Parked the dear old shed near the LSE last Friday (4 Dec 09) night. Mirrors electrically folded in. One of the the reasons I have a 13 year old P reg Merc is to not attract attention ...

Came back after dinner around midnight, driver's door mirror hanging by the wires only. It had been snapped off the door -- the frame holding the mirror to the door was broken off top and bottom. Vandal must have just put all his/her weight on it and snapped it.

Managed to somehow push it back on. Steve in Kent has effected 'temporary' repair. Need to look out for a new frame. Not sure whether I need a whole unit or just the frame.

The Ford Focus's driver's door mirror just behind me suffered the same fate.

Depressing.

I hope whoever did it is infested with fleas.

It's sickening.

When this happened on the street where I live my car was the only one to NOT get damaged! I see one or two of my neighbours have just left their mirrors taped-up to get by and it's been a while since it happened. One of them has engineered a plastic bracket with what looks like rivets on it in order to hold the mirror in place.

I've had the bonnet ornament ripped off twice though :(

Sorry, LSE is that the London Stock Exchange or the London School of Economics? I'd have thought parking by either of those would be free of vandals?

Sorry, LSE is that the London Stock Exchange or the London School of Economics? I'd have thought parking by either of those would be free of vandals?

That's what I thought too!

London School of Economics, near the Strand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom