E240 avantgarde dip stick

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glowhawk

Car
E 240 jaguar XKR
hi every one i need to get a dipstick for auto gearbox can anyone help with part number thanks all :doh:

Your local Mercedes parts department?

True but if the OP does want one then he simply needs to call his local MB dealer and ask.

True too...but I was merely advising the op that no one has one fitted in their cars and not to be concerned hence the :doh: emoticon.

Rather than having a pointless argument, could we just not help the O/p?

To the O/p, before ordering the "Service Dipstick", if you tell us where you are maybe someone will lend you theirs to check your gearbox.

To the O/p, before ordering the "Service Dipstick", if you tell us where you are maybe someone will lend you theirs to check your gearbox.
hi thanks i know they don't have them fitted so a trip to the breakers yard will be a waste of time . I want one to check the level they dont have them fitted in my XKR either but it is useful to have then i don't have to drain and fill , I work in Cambridge
but i live in Redditch Worcestershire so if any one can help i will be very grateful meanwhile i will put a call in to my local dealership thanks

No argument intended nor perceived, if the OP wishes to have one then as far as I am aware the dealer is the best place to get one hence my advice which went hand in had with renault12ts making his helpful comment to reassure the OP that the dipstick is not fitted as standard.

Both comments were ,therefore, helpful:thumb:

Get one of ebay for a 15 quid. They have a flat ,black plastic end.

Last edited:
Get one of ebay for a few quid.

I think from recalling other posts that these are generally thought to be poor quality and difficult to read compared to the MB version?

Mine was £16.00 and extremely easy to read. Comes with a flat black plastic end.

Last edited:
Mine was £16.00 and extremely easy to read.

I imagine like most things on EBay that there is a range of different products , the other problem with checking the level accurately at home is that I believe that the gearbox oil needs to be at 80 degrees C ?

I imagine like most things on EBay that there is a range of different products , the other problem with checking the level accurately at home is that I believe that the gearbox oil needs to be at 80 degrees C ?

Correct with engine running.

There's three types on eBay. One type is basically just a curtain hanging spring, without the plastic sheathing, with a red tab on the end - generally thought to be c**p (the tab can drop off...); under £5.. The next is basically the same, but without the red tab and with two crimped-on short metal sleeves where the correct levels are. This works OK, but if the level is NOT within the bounds of the sleeves, it's a b****r to work out where it is; also under £5. The third type has the black plastic tab on the end, with all the level markings on that. I bought the second type, then the third type; about £15-16. Worth the extra...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom