E240 Estate W210 Anti-Roll Bar?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

king original

Hi, am brand new to the site so hopefully I am posting this in the correct section. I have just returned from the Mot test center with my 2000 E240 Elegance Estate.

It failed the Mot due to "anti-roll bar missing", I was quite surprised but sure enough the bar is missing along with the drop links, I can only assume that in my line of work of driving down tracks will little ground clearance it has been swiped clean off. Anyway I have ordered some new drop stabiliser links, cheap and easy enough but can't find anywhere that sells the actual stabiliser bar, any suggestions? Have tried euro-car parts and they don't.........

Someone on ebay has one for sale for £50 but it's off a 2002 W210 E220 CDI and no idea if it's same fitment? any help much appreciated. thanks James

MERCEDES E CLASS E220 CDI W210 ANTI ROLL BAR USED on eBay (end time 19-Aug-10 22:13:42 BST)

That one on ebay will fit.

I doubt the roll bar was ripped of. It is mounted solidly

Ok great thanks, just spoke with the ebay guy and he says he will refund me if it doesn't fit so nothing lost if not. Yes I was very surprised to find it missing as well, either someone has removed it which is unlikely where I live or I hit something hard and don't remember! :)

Someone must have removed it ... and the drop-links.
There is no way it can have become accidently detached.

It's attached at 4 points. If it was swiped off by driving down a track, you would have pulled off a lot more than just the bar. It would be a little too neat for the bar to have been ripped off not leaving any bolts etc still on the car.

Your rear undertray is also missing it would seem since this covers the roll bar.

Front undertray is still there, it was the front anti-roll bar and it does not cover the bar as I remember. Seems like a mighty strange item for someone to take, anyway second hand bar and new drop links delivered this morning so hopefully should all be fitted in a couple of hours...I gotta say I love MB engineering so clever and well thought out, I changed the rear pads the other day, two nicely engineered pins with a little collar and a spring fastener, both sides done inside an hour ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom