E250 2010 diesel poor throttle response

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hasanahmed50

Car
E Class
I have a 2010 W212 E250 auto diesel. Over the course of this summer, I feel like the car feels heavier and doesn't want to move. The throttle response is poor between 0-20 and between 60-70 no response (have to use more paddle power).

I had it checked with the mechanic and the following was the msg from the diagnostic. See picture. As per my mechanic, he tells me that the job is at least 4-5 hours as the flabs problems could either be faulty motor or manifold (these 2 I guess I remember from conversation - don't know if I am correct but motor is correct). If the diagnostic is telling there is a flap fault then a simple DPF cleaner wouldn't fix it as per him.

Car drives on M62 and some smaller Leeds and Huddersfield road on daily mileage.

Any ideas on what caused the limp mode? I'm just wanting to know if there's anybody that has experienced something similar and what the outcome was.

Attachments

• IMG_5750.jpg
    IMG_5750.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
Well if that diag is correct your inlet manifold EKAS system is either stuck, the control linkage is broken, and/or the port butterflies are "running wild" under intake air flow.
Tuercas viejas

Well if that diag is correct your inlet manifold EKAS system is either stuck, the control linkage is broken, and/or the port butterflies are "running wild" under intake air flow.
Tuercas viejas
thanks alot, is this 4-5 hour job? Do you know the costs involved?

thanks alot, is this 4-5 hour job? Do you know the costs involved?
Yes as long as you don't hit complications.
Now I am quoting MB USA pricing matrix's which is the intake set and the actuator for $1600 .
Add about $60 for a "canned set" of gaskets & fresh bolts etc plus fresh oil & filter change & coolant.
All the best
Tuercas viejas

Yes as long as you don't hit complications.
Now I am quoting MB USA pricing matrix's which is the intake set and the actuator for $1600 .
Add about $60 for a "canned set" of gaskets & fresh bolts etc plus fresh oil & filter change & coolant.
All the best
Tuercas viejas
Is this you are quoting dealership rates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom