E250 Reversing Camera Retrofit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mozzer

Car
Disco and E250 Cab
I am looking to add a camera option for SWMBO in the new car.

The guys here Mercedes E Class Reverse Camera 2009 to 2015 are charging £400 to supply and fit.

a) does that sounds reasonable ?
b) has anyone used them ?
c) are there any other options I should be considering (buying parts and DIYing, etc) ?

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

The guys here Mercedes E Class Reverse Camera 2009 to 2015 are charging £400 to supply and fit.

c) are there any other options I should be considering (buying parts and DIYing, etc) ?

The price sounds right IF they are using original MB parts throughout.

My reverse camera was retrofitted by Reverse camera who did a superb job - highly recommend.

I believe they also supply kits for DIY install.

Also, does your car have COMAND?

Just checked the data card and it says "COMAND DVD APS WITH NAVIGATION" so yep Comand is there - is that good thing or a bad thing in terms of the retrofit ?

Last edited:
That sounds like COMAND.... the retrofit should be fine.

When talking to comand.co.uk, ask them also about firmware upgrade and maps update for your COMAND unit.

That sounds like COMAND.... the retrofit should be fine.

When talking to comand.co.uk, ask them also about firmware upgrade and maps update for your COMAND unit.

Good advice, thanks !

Been thinking of having a retrofit on mine (why no camera on a £40,000 plus car?)

Command Online charge around £700 and my local dealership £935.

Command are in Surrey so around a 3 hour plus trip each way and with probably overnight stay so not huge difference in cost.

The price quoted of £400, does it include fitting? Is so seems very cheap.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The price quoted of £400, does it include fitting? Is so seems very cheap.
My guess is that it's not using genuine MB parts - but I could be wrong. Only way to find out is to call them and ask the question.

I fitted one myself using the proper interface. Parts alone came to £430. Was quite a straightforward job and took me about 2-3 hours. I have the full moving lines with steering wheel with the car symbol in top right showing the parking sensors.

On my W204, the original MB camera retrofitted to my car does have trajectory / guidelines (static OR dynamic).

I guess a non-original camera would have that but I wanted the original MB parts.

I fitted one myself using the proper interface. Parts alone came to £430. Was quite a straightforward job and took me about 2-3 hours. I have the full moving lines with steering wheel with the car symbol in top right showing the parking sensors.

Mercedes Reversing Camera Retrofit - Advanced In-Car Technologies

The price of £450 shown by these guys is for parts only and they are OEM, so my next question is Abbz how hard was it to do yourself, did you need any specific tools and did you run the cables through the headliner or other because as doing this to a cab the headliner won't be an option ?

You may need someone with star to update the data card:dk:

Is there an explicit guide on how to fit an OE reverse camera to a w204 coupe?

I've been through all the forums and I can only find guides for aftermarket, but I want genuine.

Command Online charge around £700 and my local dealership £935.

£700 seems a bit steep for an E350? (assuming your profile is still the same and you still have an E350 :)
Comand's website says £399 here for W212 Saloon & Estate....
Reversing Cameras | Mercedes Retrofits | Comand Online Ltd

This guy (found via eBay) is more local to me, charges a bit less (£349) and claims to be using Merc/OEM parts and STAR coding:

MERCEDES-BENZ NTG4 E-CLASS W212/W207 **REVERSE CAMERA**COMAND | eBay

I'm a bit brassic at the mo but do want to get this done....but more than happy for feedback from those who've had it done in various places :)

Quick update - the link in the first post from the OP - I mailed them (via their site) to ask:

Does your "on site" Mercedes reverse camera fitting:
a) Use genuine Mercedes parts
b) Include STAR coding (to update the datacard)

They've responded that "Yes all that is included"

Definitely more info on them (website etc) than the eBay link I provided, so if they are using OEM and doing STAR and come to you...why not?

£700 seems a bit steep for an E350? (assuming your profile is still the same and you still have an E350 :)
Comand's website says £399 here for W212 Saloon & Estate....
Reversing Cameras | Mercedes Retrofits | Comand Online Ltd

This guy (found via eBay) is more local to me, charges a bit less (£349) and claims to be using Merc/OEM parts and STAR coding:

MERCEDES-BENZ NTG4 E-CLASS W212/W207 **REVERSE CAMERA**COMAND | eBay

I'm a bit brassic at the mo but do want to get this done....but more than happy for feedback from those who've had it done in various places :)

Yes my car is an E350 2016 fitted with Comand NTG 5.1 so basic cost of camera etc is £449 then there is fitting on top of that.

I’m a bit OCD over my car, Comand Online have an enviable reputation and are around £200 less than main dealer.

I have pm’d Richard to get a few more details.

The link you have given does seem cheap, I’m not sure how they can supply genuine Mercedes parts and come out to fit for that price.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has used them.

Thanks for the links and update, if you go for this please keep us updated.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup, although my link got transposed, I see it's kit only from Comand at the price I saw.

I know I managed to by brake discs, pads and sensors direct from Merc and get them fitted at my Indie for less than the Indie doing supply and fit (saved about £130 overall) - he was surprised, but depends on who is sourcing the parts I suppose and what they charge on labour :)

I don’t think it’s worth getting for £400. Unless you have money to burn. A few friends of mine have them and well they’re sort of hmmm. Standard sensors work fine for me. If there’s one on my next car, great, if not - hey ho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...I’m a bit OCD over my car, Comand Online have an enviable reputation and are around £200 less than main dealer....

Yup. Richard and Alfie from Comand Online are the only people I would trust with this job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom