E250 S212 2010 armrest lid removal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darragh1

Hi again,
One side of the armrest is broken as per photo. I want to dismantle and epoxy it.
The springs are easily removed but how do I remove the metal rods when they are only about 3mm proud and I don't think enough to grip with a pliers to pull them?
To access the rods does the whole top of the console need to be removed? If so, does anyone have the method?
Thankles,
D.

Attachments

• 20220602_012913.jpg
    20220602_012913.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11

The above link is for a W204 but quite similar to what I have.
So, if I take the whole top of the console off, I still have the metal rods to release. I would glue the broken part in situ without removal of the whole thing if I could get the lids out of the way.
Is there a trick? anyone?
Thank you,
D.

Thanks for the reply. It looks like I will have to glue it without removing it. A bit annoying and fiddly by doable.

Use the putty. Only downside is it dries white but it dries into hard plastic.

Ok but I'll see if I can get it in black, and thank you.
Why not just replace the whole unit or lid am sure they are pretty reasonable nowadays from breakers and it means less faffing about and no glue mess

Why not just replace the whole unit or lid am sure they are pretty reasonable nowadays from breakers and it means less faffing about and

MB changed the armrest in about 2011 i think. Old breaker parts will probably have the same weak spot and revert me to square one.
There will be no glue mess. I will haff to faff.
Thankliest regardations,
D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom