E250 w212 tuning chip box?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeeE250

Car
E250 w212 2012
Thinking of ordering a tuning box for my E250 to increase the power for 204 to 250 ish, has anyone tried this with there car? I don't want to remap the car, as when I sell it I want the car to be standard for the next ower.

I have a tuning box in my w204 c180 petrol, had it in for a year and a half now with no problems at all

I have a tuning box in my w204 c180 petrol, had it in for a year and a half now with no problems at all
What does it do? Better mpg? More bhp? More NM? Etc.

Also, is yours M271 or M274?

What does it do? Better mpg? More bhp? More NM? Etc.

Also, is yours M271 or M274?
I can't speak for wolfie1, but the chip boxes are ment to be a way of increasing all 3, but I expect its more bhp and NM than mpg

You'll get more false mpg as it fools the ecu either by fuel pressure or fuel temperature so it shows less rather that the more .

You actually can get more genuine mpg depending on how you drive. Drive with the hammer down and you will get less, drive through using the additional torque at the right time and you will get a higher mpg.

Modern units control more than just the fuel pressure and air temperature sensors, they are also controlling boost cut and other elements as well. These are the more expensive ones, the cheaper ones do just control the basics.

They can't control anywhere near as much as a full remap will do, but won't harm a healthy engine.

Mine interogates 4 signals, it does the fuel pressure mentioned above, but it also interacts with fuel temp, boost in the inlet manifold and boost pressure before the throttle body. The more signals they have the more acurate they are as remember your standard merc ecu is clever enough to advance and retard timing to compensate for these variations and give you a good safe overall map with higher octane fuel.
And yes there is a noticible difference when its plugged in/unplugged

I have a Bluespark box on my 2015 SLK 200 petrol, no issues, had it for about a year, really does make a difference, Bluespark give you a 28 day money back guarantee if not satisfied.

Remap will give best outputs. Lots of modern day remapping companies will return to stock for you as part of the purchase of the remap. DMS as an example will undo and remap as many times as required within their price

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom