E270 and Road Angel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RichardM

MB Enthusiast
Car
2011 CLS350 CDI
I Decided to hard wire my road angel this weekend as I was fed up of the lead going across the dash and having to have the ash tray open.

merc14.jpg

merc13.jpg

From the drivers seat I can read it perfectly to see the type of camera etc and its easy to remove for security in car parks etc.

merc38.jpg

Took me hours to do! I was very thankful for the traning video's so I knew how to take the car apart.

merc11.jpg

merc9.jpg

merc7.jpg

Last edited:
You can't see it there, its at the top of the A pillar at the top right corner of the windscreen. I know its not an ideal place but I wanted it out of the way, it looked ugly in the bottom centre of the windscreen and I'm not that convinced with the benefits of it anyway as when it bleeps you'll already have been caught.

oh yeah ... can just see it hanging down there .... I agree with your theory of it being too late if it beeps (unless its bouncing off another car in front ...) - mine hasn't triggered at all yet - but its a fairly unobtrusive mounting in the W202, so might as well leave it where it is !

I might mount mine where the bonnet ornament goes!

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
I might mount mine where the bonnet ornament goes!

perhaps we could sculpt it with a craft knife into a 3 pointed star ?

My other half thinks it looks a bit too dodgy to be hanging in the windscreen !

S.

I've been using it for a few weeks without the laser unit attached, its only this weekend I connected it up.

Do either of you find the volume isn't that loud? I've set it to 5 but if I have the stereo on loud I don't always hear it. I'm really pleased with it though.

Originally posted by RichardM
Do either of you find the volume isn't that loud? I've set it to 5 but if I have the stereo on loud I don't always hear it. I'm really pleased with it though.

I do find that, but only with my wireless turned up a little.

more than loud enough for me ... I don't have the stereo THAT loud though .. Graham's probably needs an amplifier with his new ICE !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom