E270 cdi - first diesel - help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marc777

Banned
Car
E270 cdi Avantgarde; Wifes car Yellow VW Beetle (new shape)
i have a new E270 CDi - my first diesel car. Had it for 6 months.

Unbelievable torque. Huge fun to drive. 40mpg regular. 600 miles range +

BUT......is it me.....?......its not as smooth as I would have liked in the cabin - vibration on the steering wheel; vibration in the footwells - the question is; Is this normal?

I like the noise on acceleration, my previous E240 and E280 petrols were too quiet - but the ruggedness in the cabin was not expected.

Do you have a C220/C270 or E220/E270 - and if so, do you experience the same thing?

I would be grateful for your feedback

Marc

Originally posted by marc777
E270 cdi Avantgarde, Silver, full grey leather, panoramic roof, 17" wheels, 6cd changer, rear airbags, split rear seats, sports suspension - my first deisel - and WOW!
17" wheels + sports suspension = possible loss of ride quality!

The 270 CDi is a five cylinder motor. 5 cylinders are never smooth at idle due to being unballanced, and this is compounded by the direct injection.

You can definately feel and hear this motor but it goes like a rat up a drainpipe and sounds good too.

I've just posted this in reply to the other thread:

Hi Marc,

I don't notice any vibration at all in the cabin, its always totally smooth. My only complaint is the engine is a little noisy accelerating around town (0-30mph). Its fine at speed even when flooring it.

Your more than welcome to compare cars sometime. Why not come along to the club meeting in August?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom