E270 cdi Oil Capacity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DonnyGaz

Car
2003 W211 Mercedes E270 cdi avantgarde
Hi All, Recent defector from Jaguar looking for advice please, just changed oil & filters on my newly aquired 2003 E270 cdi and computor keeps telling me i need to add 2 litres !, i put in 6.30 litres as handbook says 6.5 litres, ive tried it on at least 4 differant level hardstandings but it always reads the same :mad: is this a normal trait and can you buy an after market dipstick. Also can anyone recommend a good independant around doncaster / Pontefract area. Many Thanks, Gary

check the level manually with the dipstick that's in it and if its ok then you might have a faulty sensor.

Also can anyone recommend a good independant around doncaster / Pontefract area. Many Thanks, Gary

Go and see Star at Moorends, they're good lads.

Cheers lads, thanks for heads up on Star, will pay them a visit. Take it that 6.30 litres of oil is ok and just ignore computor ?

Hi All, Recent defector from Jaguar looking for advice please, just changed oil & filters on my newly aquired 2003 E270 cdi and computor keeps telling me i need to add 2 litres !, i put in 6.30 litres as handbook says 6.5 litres, ive tried it on at least 4 differant level hardstandings but it always reads the same :mad: is this a normal trait and can you buy an after market dipstick. Also can anyone recommend a good independant around doncaster / Pontefract area. Many Thanks, Gary
same deal with the e320 w211 lm shopping around at the moment and basic inspection requires me to run through the( menu) to see if the engine has the correct amount of oil in sump a little frustrating..as some owners think im toying around with the on board instrumentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom