E270 CDI very slight vibration?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom270

Car
E270 CDI
Hi guys,

just joined as have bought a lovely 2003 E270 Cdi elegance, just what i was after, lovely lovely car.
i might be being jumpy here, you know how it is when you buy a new car, no radio on looking and listening for every noise etc, especially after reading all of the reviews/ forums etc!!

The only thing i can pick up on is a small vibration through the steering wheel at 1200 rpm when 'coasting' to slow down and a very small noise, only happens very shortly, it feels like the power steering??
gear changes are flawless both up and down.

cheers
tom

Hello and welcome to the forum :thumb:

Why not try posting your technical question in another section of the foprum for a better response?

Welcome Tom, great choice of car.

Hunt for a slight vibration? Nightmare! Tyre balancing? Suspension rubbers? Its an elimination process and not easy. Loads of stuff in the Technical Section for you to look at.
Go for the simple stuff first.

cheers John,

i know!!
i was just worried that it may be something to do with the drive train, you hear the odd report here and there of gearbox malfunctions.
as it is still under warranty just thought it was worth an ask!
it is a great car though real value for money.
what swayed me was my recent visit to Madeira where all the taxis are mercs mainly 'e's with 500 000 kms on clock and still ran beautifully!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom