E270 cdi W211 Thermostat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeoffWestWales

Car
Mercedes E Class
Morning all,
Just been on a 40 mile round trip in my 2005 E270 Estate W211, I notice the engine temp barely gets above 60C, in my memory I'm pretty sure they are supposed to run around 90C, so take it my thermostat is goosed?

My question is does it have to be a genuine replacement or will the pattern ones last well enough, had a look on Youtube and it looks an easy enough job and what will I gain from swapping it, better mpg?

Yep , as you say it’s knackered at 60 degrees . I bought a non MB thermostat fro ECP and had to return it because of poor fit , so ended up with an MB one in the end (I know MB don’t make thermostats)

Yep , as you say it’s knackered at 60 degrees . I bought a non MB thermostat fro ECP and had to return it because of poor fit , so ended up with an MB one in the end (I know MB don’t make thermostats)
Thanks for your reply, I was just looking at the one on ECP as they have a 35% sale on at the mo, just bought some oil and air filters planning for future servicing . I have found a Mahle one on Ebay and when I was racing the bikes the pistons to have in your TZ had to be Mahle so their quality is great so wonder if they were the original suppliers, its only sub 30 quid but would hate to pull mine to pieces to discover the fitment was crap like you found, will get a price from mercedes to see what the price is

Thanks for your reply, I was just looking at the one on ECP as they have a 35% sale on at the mo, just bought some oil and air filters planning for future servicing . I have found a Mahle one on Ebay and when I was racing the bikes the pistons to have in your TZ had to be Mahle so their quality is great so wonder if they were the original suppliers, its only sub 30 quid but would hate to pull mine to pieces to discover the fitment was crap like you found, will get a price from mercedes to see what the price is
My problem wasn’t Mahle

Probably this one then from ECP Cirroli I think was the make, glad you gave me the warning as thats the one I nearly bought with the 35% off it seemed a bargain

Attachments

• 209220340.jpg
    209220340.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom