E280 CDI Sport (Celtic Tuning Map) Dissapointing RR result

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gareth

Car
MX-5 Recaro
So I had my Celtic tuning mapped E280 CDI Sport RR'd today @ Surrey RR and I knew the 290bhp map was more than likely quite optimistic but was expecting a better result than what I got (I've had more powerful cars before and it certainly feels more powerful than 220bhp considering the weight of the car, but I guess torque helps it along):

Thought I'd post the result as it may be of interest to others, I'm in the middle of moving house at the moment but once I'm settled a visit to MSL may be in order.

Glad that you've shared this, is this at the wheels or the crank?

I'm pretty sure everyone bases the output on the crank.

Would definitely be interesting in the difference with msl.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I think your remap is spot on for your dyno figures as it seems you have the stage 1 map!

Celtic are well known and could never give 70 bhp under what they say for a given map.

Mine is stated at 290bhp and the acceleration figures live up to that...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-17-14-39-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-09-17-14-39-31.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Strange that the torque is also in line with the stated bhp for the given map?

Perhaps Celtic give wheel figures also?

Last edited:
I think your remap is spot on for your dyno figures as it seems you have the stage 1 map!

Celtic are well known and could never give 70 bhp under what they say for a given map.

Keith I really hate to say this but, your car makes 275 bhp total maxed out.

I opted for the 290bhp remap though?

Keith I really hate to say this but, your car makes 275 bhp total maxed out.

I do know what you are saying but at the same time how do you know you are correct:D

Nobody know's. .......not even myself. ......dyno's can be rigged by their owners or operators and also is only as good as the chap using it.They can work on the assumption that you will give in to their own claims for their remap and hope you get drawn in.

I happened to of got to know my agent quite well and what he told me over numerous meetings was i felt I trusted him with what I was getting with my remap.

I have said it a million times my 0 to 60 is about 5.7 and that fits with power and weight and also I am happy with how it drives and the mpg.

Interesting and thanks for posting the results. Alot of celtic fan boys don't want to realise their motors are not producing what Celtic promised them.

I can guarantee you if you visit MSL you will get back to back dynos and if Acid thinks your map is good he won't charge you.

No argument at all. I'm only going by having 3 of these mapped and the rollers never gave them more than 275. If you've got 290 then yee haa !!!!!

I do know what you are saying but at the same time how do you know you are correct?

I have said it a million times my 0 to 60 is about 5.7 and that fits with power and weight and also I am happy with how it drives and the mpg.

How much difference would there be in the 0-60 time with 275 BHP rather than 290 BHP?

No argument at all. I'm only going by having 3 of these mapped and the rollers never gave them more than 275. If you've got 290 then yee haa !!!!!

No , I know your not arguing just writing what we are all entitled to do and give our own opinions......same as i do and find with my own motor.

An E class estate is regularly 0.5 secs behind the C class estate in acceleration figures at 60 and the standing quarter ......Hamish E280cdi with 310bhp done at MSL is around this 0.5sec figure behind mine........I am not for one minute saying mine is 310 as MSL figures tend to be even 10 up on stock figures, perhaps Mercedes-Benz. Std. figures are very reserved ?

This discussion always gets heated and at least you have these diesel motors also and have played around with them but I also see you have a petrol 55 model......and most of these owners simply don't like the thought of a diesel up there chuff:D and how little it cost to run the diesel compared with maintenance and running cost of the 55 especially seeing as most are around 2004.

No , I know your not arguing just writing what we are all entitled to do and give our own opinions......same as i do and find with my own motor.

An E class estate is regularly 0.5 secs behind the C class estate in acceleration figures at 60 and the standing quarter ......Hamish E280cdi with 310bhp done at MSL is around this 0.5sec figure behind mine........I am not for one minute saying mine is 310 as MSL figures tend to be even 10 up on stock figures, perhaps Mercedes-Benz. Std. figures are very reserved ?

Why don't you put your car on a dyno of your choice and find out the true reading instead of taking what a Celtic employee tells you? Do you believe everything you are told?
There is another tuner that claims big figures but conveniently doesn't have a dyno to back the figures up.
I've said it dozens of times, get a before and after reading and you have proof of the increase.
Also, you are wrong about MSL figures being 10% high. Their pre map figures are more or less the same as MB quote in the handbook. Mine is 2bhp more. I'd certainly believe their figures compared to what some bloke who has just taken money off me for a map told me it would produce without a shred of evidence before and after.

This discussion always gets heated and at least you have these diesel motors also and have played around with them but I also see you have a petrol 55 model......and most of these owners simply don't like the thought of a diesel up there chuff:D and how little it cost to run the diesel compared with maintenance and running cost of the 55 especially seeing as most are around 2004.

As soon as I saw your post I knew there would be a snipe somewhere to 55 engine owners and your delight in how fast your car is and how little it costs to run in comparison. You didn't disappoint.:rolleyes:

Let's hope Keith don't see you on route to brum tomorrow Roger as you know he will be right up your chuff..... Pushing you up the road.....lol

Let's hope Keith don't see you on route to brum tomorrow Roger as you know he will be right up your chuff..... Pushing you up the road.....lol

He'll run out of puff at 130ish though:devil:

Interesting and thanks for posting the results. Alot of celtic fan boys don't want to realise their motors are not producing what Celtic promised them.

I can guarantee you if you visit MSL you will get back to back dynos and if Acid thinks your map is good he won't charge you.

Why don't you put your car on a dyno of your choice and find out the true reading instead of taking what a Celtic employee tells you? Do you believe everything you are told?
There is another tuner that claims big figures but conveniently doesn't have a dyno to back the figures up.
I've said it dozens of times, get a before and after reading and you have proof of the increase.
Also, you are wrong about MSL figures being 10% high. Their pre map figures are more or less the same as MB quote in the handbook. Mine is 2bhp more. I'd certainly believe their figures compared to what some bloke who has just taken money off me for a map told me it would produce without a shred of evidence before and after.

As soon as I saw your post I knew there would be a snipe somewhere to 55 engine owners and your delight in how fast your car is and how little it costs to run in comparison. You didn't disappoint.:rolleyes:

He'll run out of puff at 130ish though:devil:

Same old posters with the same old posts.........

The interior of my C320CDi is identical to the C 55. ......I agree an old design but being 2006 has most things ironed out so less maintenance costs ...so why should I go for the 55 models with 4 oxygen sensors, I have one..... no problems with split downpipes at galactic prices from MB:eek:

This is my first diesel motor and wished I had bought one years ago.....they say they are dirty and give out dodgy fumes but at least the economy is double that of the 55's .

Petrol may be cleaner but at what extra cost to the environment with them using twice as much fuel throwing out twice as much Co2 and costing an arm and a leg to do it......or just keep in in the garage and look at it! ........that is not motoring.

I may one day go to MSL just to waste £500 but until then I will just enjoy my drive :rock:

So I had my Celtic tuning mapped E280 CDI Sport RR'd today @ Surrey RR and I knew the 290bhp map was more than likely quite optimistic but was expecting a better result than what I got (I've had more powerful cars before and it certainly feels more powerful than 220bhp considering the weight of the car, but I guess torque helps it along):

Thought I'd post the result as it may be of interest to others, I'm in the middle of moving house at the moment but once I'm settled a visit to MSL may be in order.

It's good to see figures to go against celtic's claims.

Here's my dyno results for my 2007 e280 from MSL.
77f1dac94619a1f710464ccbb18a3e43.jpg
9ad0d366c7fad816ae8fef07c5008cfd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they remove ecu to map it as I believe you have to with a 280 but not with a 320 to get around these figures.

This discussion always gets heated and at least you have these diesel motors also and have played around with them but I also see you have a petrol 55 model......and most of these owners simply don't like the thought of a diesel up there chuff

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that your 320 CDI performance is close to comparable to an E55 - "up there (their) chuff".

I've owned two 320 diesels and two V8 AMG's - whilst the diesels are quick for what they are, the AMG's are in a different league - the phrase chew up and spit out springs to mind :cool:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom