E280 Cdi Spotlight Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yuzee

Car
2014 E220 Cdi AMG Sport estate
Hi All,

I've recently purchased an E280 Cdi which I am really chuffed with. However, I think I may have a niggly problem with the spotlights.

When the lights are on auto and the vehicle wheels are pointing straight ahead, both spotlights illuminate normally. Then, when I turn the steering to the left, the right spot goes out and vice versa when I turn the steering wheel to the right. Bring the wheels back to straight ahead and both illuminate again.

I suspect a wiring problem, but thought I'd check on here first in case it was a "Lighting Setting" that I don't know of.

Any help or advice on this matter would be gratefully appreciated.

Dave H

I think you have "intelligent lighting" this is designed to light the way in corners. It's working as designed.

Thanks Bruce, Is there a way to turn it off?

I think you have "intelligent lighting" this is designed to light the way in corners. It's working as designed.
I think it's a feature of "Bi-Xenon" headlights isn't it? - I can't see anything in the manual for my CLK about turning it off.

Last edited:
I think it's a feature of "Bi-Xenon" headlights isn't it? - I can't see anything in the manual for my CLK about turning it off.

Nothing In my manual either PobodY. I expect it has to be a function that needs a Star Diagnostic tool to turn it off.

I suppose I can live with it now I know its not a wiring fault.

Dave H

Dave H, as already stated its designed to do that, driving down country lanes with no street lighting its a very good system for lighting up the area you are turning into, at junctions illuminating pedestrians cyclists, however i have had sarcastic comments once or twice pulling into petrol stations at night " do you know one of your fog lights is out and its not foggy"

Think you have to turn off the ils in settings menu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom