E280 cdi with 53,000 miles or E350cdi with 100,000 miles???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OJLane

Car
E350d, E350 CDI sold on at 357,000 miles, C270 is sadly no longer with us, chewed a glow plug :-(
I'm looking at changing my car (currently a 2003 C270) which is coming to a regulated age limit soon. I cover between 30,000 and 50,000 miles per year and need something to last me for 6-7 years due to purchase cost and have a budget of about £11,000 to £12,000.

Am I expecting too much from more recent Mercedes? I know the old ones did crazy mileages but I can't help thinking that cars today aren't built to do this...

Which one is likely to give me less hassle in your opinion? Or do I just but a Mondeo [emoji53]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With the mileage you are putting on the car, the one with 53k miles, and change it more often. If you average 40k a year, that lower mileage car will have over 300k on it after 6+ years.

I was doing 30k+ miles p.a.. I changed cars (always a used purchase) every two years. That I found was the best compromise both from a practical and financial viewpoint as I always sold the cars with sub 100k miles on them. I'd give your proposed replacement car plenty of mulling over before forking out, as 40k average over seven years is a lot of mileage.

Thank you both, was wondering mainly weather the reliability and longevity has improved as MB did go through a substantial dip in quality.

Thank you all, went for a 2009 E350 in the end, so far very impressed [emoji2]

Thank you for your reply, would definitely have considered however for my work the car at purchase can be no more than seven years old then can keep it until it's 12. All the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom