e280 estate w124 Japanese import

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They`ve had a few of these already,this is the third or fourth

I would ---- Speedo may need recalibration/replaced? Aircon refrigerant may need updated? but minor quibles.

Speedo would want shifting to mph and miles rather than km I'd think. With a lot of them it can be done electronically, this might be a bit old for that.

Also it should be limited to 180kmh but the speedo change would stop that.

Someone has paid a lot of money to keep this going through the sha'ken test each year.

m.

very nice and a good price.

bargain for someone in the market for one.

What a lovely clean example... would be perfect if it was the 320 and had leather..

All they seem to be getting is 280,this should be in UK soon MERCEDES W124 ESTATE E280T VERY LOW MILES RUST FREE For Sale (1996) on Car And Classic UK [C293017]

And here is a picture of that bornite car in Japan auction

2742570.jpg

It just makes me want to drool. What a classy looking car.

As usual for a Jap import no mentioned of service history though. Most indicate low miles but can't verify it.

W124 Estate

The "Bornite" car has 63,000 miles and does look very competitively priced at £5k, the company also has a "Silver" 280 estate with black leather showing 79,600 miles price £6k. They normally deal in R129 models and I have actually seen one of their SL500s' also in Bornite and it was absolutely stunning, the service history was up to date however it was in Japanese. As you will see from their ad.the company (Mayfair Cars) are based near Durham, from time to time they get very low mileage SL600s'.
I have no connection with this company but from what I have seen they offer excellent cars.

As usual for a Jap import no mentioned of service history though. Most indicate low miles but can't verify it.

Unusually though for a Jap import it's RHD, as is the silver one :confused:

Many early Japanese Mercedes were LHD - evidently having a luxury marque LHD car in a nation of RHD cars was regarded as a bit of status symbol--- go figure!

Yup as above expensive European cars were almost always ordered as LHD (even though they drive on the right) to make it really obvious that they were an 'exotic' import.

Maybe 124 estates were considered too mundane to merit this approach though.

New Zealand gets flooded with Japanese imports & they're invariably RHD.
Speaking of 'flooding' - my only concern with a Jap import now would be; has it had a Sunami pass through it?

I mailed the seller and got a very polite mail back. He spends ages preparing his cars for sale (this being no exception) Great looking car and a good price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom