E280 Remapped today @ MSL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Guy.Pap

Car
E280 Sport Wagon
I took a trip up to see Acid@MSL yesterday to book my car in for a remap and what we both thought would be a DPF removal. When I left there I thought it would b e a good opportunity to do a back to back comparison of the two journeys one without a map and one with. So I reset the trip and proceeded home using the cruise and sticking to the speed limits 27 miles later I was at home with an average speed of 35mph and returning 35.6mpg.

Today I returned to see Acid at the appointed time for the work to be carried out. The question was what map to go for the ecco map or the performance map. I chose the perfmance map as Acid said if I wasn’t happy with it he would put the ecco map back on.

The good news for me was that on a 2008 E280 sport there is no DPF fitted, the bad news was my secondary cat was almost blocked :doh: So after a brief discussion the insides of the cat were dispatched to the bin before the mapping was carried out.

I was well looked after and well watered and was nice, warm comfortable in MSL waiting room while outside the wind did its best to try and blow the building down and the rain was horizontal at one point not a nice day.

Over all the job took a couple of hours and Acid had kept me updated with the progress throughout, despite being rushed off his feet. MSL customer service gets five stars from me. When he bought the car back to me he informed me that he had detected that my front upper ball joint were squeaking a bit, so that is another small job to do on the car, maybe next month.

So I reset the trip and the drive home was exactly the same, same time, same traffic and identical mileage and as per the previous day I drove home on the cruise control sticking to the speed limits. The car felt so much smoother and nicer to drive just more refined but the best of it is it returned 40.0mpg.
Once I had got home I thought I would take it for a blast, well night and day as far as I am concerned much more responsive throughout the rev range and gobs of torque in comparison to what it had before, is this all down to the mapping or is some of it down to the removal of the cat I don’t know but what I do know is that if I hadn’t gone to MSL I would not be smiling the way I am now :D

I do approximately 15000 miles a year and at current fuel prices that a saving of £240 a year, so for me it almost pays for my road tax.:bannana:
If you are thinking about getting your 280,320 or 350 remapped, get it done. Give MSL a call you will not regret it.

So Acid and team @ MSL........many thanks Guy.:thumb:

Attachments

• 20150331_145524.jpg
    20150331_145524.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 54
wow thats a great saving on your annual fuel bill, I'm thinking of paying acid a visit with a performance map in mind as my fuel figures suck anyway :devil:
If i'd wanted good economy I'd drive the wife's smart:rock: but I much prefer the power and torque my C350 delivers.

Great work acid :bannana::bannana::bannana:

Glad you are pleased my friend! You enjoy that motor :) Definitely right decision on the performance map. Torque delivery will be super smooth on your map.

Did you have a dyno run before and after? if so what was the power output??

Unfortunatly I have no idea what the power is now, maybe Acid knows. As far as I am aware it didn't go on the dyno. Im just judging by the seat of my considerable pants and the three points I think I have picked up today :doh:

Unfortunatly I have no idea what the power is now, maybe Acid knows. As far as I am aware it didn't go on the dyno. Im just judging by the seat of my considerable pants and the three points I think I have picked up today :doh:

Thats cool just interested to know, im sure it fly's and those guys have a cracking reputation :thumb:

190bhp and 440nm torque as standard
265bhp and 620nm torque tuned for information on average :)

Very smooth torque and power delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom